Subject: Re: [dita] Use of term "DITA" outside OASIS?

I see this as the typical end run around the standards process when a company's tool does not support a standard well (and its customers want DITA support). We've seen this with the German CCMs ...

And I certainly don't like the Open DITA name; it's too close to DITA, a standard from Open OASIS. Maybe a deliberate move?

The rules" are interesting:

  1. They include a lot of DITA terms: DITA map, conref, DITAVAL, generalization ...
  2. How do they compare to our DITA 2.0 conformance draft?

It's time to move faster with Lightweight DITA.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)