Subject: LwDITA: Thoughts re Committee note

I cannot really review this document, as I have been too involved in working on it at various points in time.

However, here are things that I think it lacks:

  • Grammar files for XDITA: What will the TC provide? DTD only? XSD and RNG?
  • What are rules and conventions for specializing XDITA?
  • An overview of how the DTDs were constructed:
    • The fact that they do not follow the rules as laid out in the DITA 1.3 spec -- and why
    • They fact that they could be derived from DITA 1.3 using the rules laid out in the DITA spec
  • There is a topic about content reuse that covers the DITA 1.3 reuse mechanisms that LwDITA supports and those that it does not, but nothing that mentiona linking. Does LwDITA support all the linking and addressing mechanism that does DITA 1.3? Robert and I went looking to see whether keyref is available on <xref> and <image>; it is.
  • A appendix topic that contains a table that compares functionality in LwDITA versus functionality in DITA 1.3.

Other comments might follow.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)