Subject: [dita] Lightweight DITA: DTD Review

I am impressed with the efforts of the LW DITA subcommittee.

I have one technical comment on map.dtd, line 35:

Change:
<!ENTITY included-domains                         "(hi-d)"                >
To:
<!ENTITY included-domains                         "(topic hi-d)"          >

I have a couple remarks about the content models.

Marketing and ad-copy writers use footnotes extensively for caveats, restrictions, and other qualifiers. I suspect that this so the uglier aspects of reality don't interfere with the dream that is being spun from the prose. Occasionally, several of these qualifiers can appear within the same paragraph. Consequently, I disagree with making <fn> available as a block. Instead, it ought to be an inline so that each <fn> can be bound to a specific point in the text. I doubt that marketing and ad-copy writers will use XDITA if they can't do this.

Best Regards,
--
Bob Thomas
+1 720 201 8260