Subject: LwDITA committee note: Comments

Piggy-backing on Alan's question about what is supported in DITA-OT:

The design for LwDITA variable text relies on the following markup:

<keydef keys="test">
   <topicmeta>
   </topicmeta>
  </keydef>

While oXygen renders this beautifully, the DITA-OT 2.5 does not render the key reference in either HTML or PDF.

I know there is an open bug reported about this. (I first encountered this while writing topics for the 1.3 spec; I used the more clumsy <keyword> within <keywords> markup so to ensure that folks could render the examples using the OT.)

I think we need mention this some how ...

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)