Subject: Re: [dita] Unscientific collection of note/@type tallies in IBM content

Collated results, now incorporating Robert's numbers from IBM (and correcting an earlier error for SAP numbers):

SAP Jeppeson IXIASOFT Kris' Client HPE KM HPE Simplivity IBM TOTAL
note element 287,203 1,200 1,077 595 N/A N/A 92,926 383,001
@note 135,901 6 33 473 Yes Yes 1881 138,294
@attention 0 13 3 0 N/A N/A 906 922
@caution 38,825 6 16 2 Yes Yes 213 39,062
@danger 0 0 0 0 Yes No 10 10
@fastpath 0 0 0 0 N/A N/A 4 4
@important 0 32 87 64 Yes No 1771 1,954
@notice 0 1 0 N/A N/A N/A 13 14
@remember 2,137 2 6 1 N/A N/A 188 2,334
@restriction 2,384 0 6 0 N/A N/A 387 2,777
@tip 12,483 73 119 8 Yes Yes 2214 14,897
@warning 0 9 2 N/A Yes Yes 59 70
@trouble 0 0 0 N/A N/A N/A 0 0
@other 0 0 0 19 N/A N/A 15,168 15,187
@-dita-use-conref-target 0 0 0 N/A N/A N/A N/A 0

Here are the numbers for note attributes, from most- to least-used:

@note 138,294
@caution 39,062
@other 15,187
@tip 14,897
@restriction 2,777
@remember 2,334
@important 1,954
@attention 922
@warning 70
@notice 14
@danger 10
@fastpath 4
@trouble 0
@-dita-use-conref-target 0

Cheers!

-

Keith Schengili-Roberts
Market Researcher and DITA Evangelist

IXIASOFT
825 Querbes, Suite 200, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H2V 3X1
tel  + 1 514 279-4942  /  toll free + 1 877 279-4942