OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 25 July 2017 uploaded

Submitter's message
1. Kris or Robert will fix language inconsistency in Errata found by Jarno
2. LwD SC will modify CN in response to Kris's mail of July 10.
3. LwD SC will mention in the LwD CN that the markup for variable text is only supported in DITA-OT 2.5.1 and later
4. LwD SC will check that new work is done on footnoote topic in CN
5. for the next review of the LwD CN, Stan will review section on target audience.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 25 July 2017
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

1. Roll call
Regrets: Robert Anderson, Bill Burns, Maria Essig

2. Approve minutes from business meeting on 27 June 2017:
o 11 July 2017: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201707/msg00028.html (Nancy Harrison, posted 17 July 2018)
o 18 July 2017: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/61257/DITA%20TC%20Meeting%20Minutes%20for%20July%2018%2C%202017.txt (Keith Schengili-Roberts, posted 24 July 2018)
moved by Kris, 2nd by Dawn, approved by TC

3. Announcements:
New TC members: None

4. Action items
o 6 September 2016
Kris: Revise subject scheme example topic pulled from errata 01
o 4 October 2016:
Tom: Work on aggregated minutes for 2005-2011 (IN PROGRESS)
o 04 April 2017
All TC members consider what they want to see on the new DITA.xml.org site for the DITA TC
o 20 June 2017
- LwDITA subcommittee
- Kris: Work with Carlos and Chris to determine best way to move forward with issue of MDITA and HDITA validation
- Kris: Convene working group (Eliot, Carlos, Chris, Keith) to create committee note about "Multimedia domain for DITA 1.3" (IN PROGRESS)
o 11 July 2017
- Bob: Complete spec style sheets. Deadline of 25 July 2017.
Bob; I've got front matter formatting correctly, but some testing to be done; it may be done, but until a bit more testing is done I can't guarantee it.
Kris; are the changes up in repository?
Bob; not yet, I want to test first
Kris; could you use any help from TC members?
Bob; once I've tested, TC members should test also.
Kris; we can do a good test by doing an errata build.
Kris; is there much work to be done for the HTML style sheets?
Bob; mostly front matter.
Kris; style sheets for CN work well against DITA-OT 2.5.1.
- Keith: Query IXIASOFT rep about ARM's request for DITA 2.0 feature (COMPLETED)

5. DITA 1.3 Errata 02
o Wiki page for DITA 1.3 Errata 02
o Style sheets: Progress?
o New item: Language inconsistency
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201707/msg00023.html (Anderson, 13 July 2017)
Kris; Jarno noticed an 'oops' in the spec; an inconsistency in talking about rules for conditional processing groups. I suggest we fix according to Robert's suggestion. any objections?
Kris; we'll go ahead with that for errata
***ActionItem: fix language inconsistency in Errata found by Jarno

6. Lightweight DITA proposal
o Committee note draft: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60914/LwDITA-v1.0-cn01-wd17.pdf
o DTDs: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60915/org.oasis.xdita.zip
o Overview of work for the TC: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00015.html (Eberlein, 6 June 2017)
o Browsable content models: https://td-demo.titaniasoftware.com/portals/ui/lwdita-dtd/ (Courtesy of Chris Nitchie)
o Review comments: org.oasis.xdita plug-in
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00037.html (Eberlein, 10 June 2017)
Name of plug-in
Public identifiers
Carlos; I agree with the suggestions; I will change the draft
***ActionItem: SC will update CN to go with these comments.
o Review comments: DITA-OT and support for LwDITA design
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00070.html (Eberlein, 18 June 2017)
Kris; skip this; 2.5.1 now supports this
***ActionItem: we need to mention in the LwD CN that the markup for variable text is only supported in DITA-OT 2.5.1 and later
Carlos; I agree to that as well.
o Review comments: Committee note
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00036.html (Eberlein, 10 June 2017)
[skip - already discussed]
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00050.html (Doherty, 13 June 2017)
Kris; Stan, is this fixed?
Stan; lot of email discussions since then have covered many of same issues, so I think we're good.
Kris; still, please forward suggestions for specific changes. You had some points on elaborating on audiences for LwD, but I didn't have enough info based on your changes to fix CN.
Stan; for the next review of CN, give me an AI to review audience.
***ActionItem: for the next review of the LwD CN, Stan will review section on target audience.
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00089.html (Eberlein, 20 June 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00069.html (Houser, 18 June 2017)
Alan; Carlos, did we do this? Also, part of this was a mis-remembering of processing, so it's a no-op. I did update @s topic in CN, went to SC yesterday, need to discuss it in SC.
Carlos; also, we created the new footnotes element per your suggestion.
Alan, so, except for new @s info. all my suggestions are closed.
***ActionItem: LwD SC check that new work is done on footnoote topic in CN
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00073.html (Leigh White, 19 June 2017)
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00074.html (Eberlein, 19 June 2017)
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00075.html (Priestley, 19 June 2019)
Keith; I was asked to respond; Leigh told me she understood your arguments and didn't want to press the issue further. If it's unclear what LwD is about and who it's for, we'll find out soon enough once the CN is published. Her main focus was gen'l confusion over who the actual target audience is for the various flavors of LwD.
Kris; I think we've implemented all her actionable changes.
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00076.html (Magliery, 19 June 2017)
Tom; about half my stuff is typos and things; is it safe to say that those are addressed? and will there be another review to make sure those are captured?
Kris; absolutely.
Tom; in that case, I'm good with that; several of my moer substantive comments were questions aimed at the SC for them to think about. e.g. references to the number of element types and doctypes in DITA.
Carlos; we've checked and will check again.
Tom; also, there's the statement on XDITA?HDITA being DITA, and MDITA a compatible subset of DITA...
Carlos; we've looked at that, will revise at next SC meeting.
Kris; Tom, I think your comment on compatiblity is critical, we have to make sure these are correct especially in the area of lossless vs lossy transforms. Please recheck in future drafts that we're not promising more than we can deliver
Tom; I'll re-read next draft to be sure I'm comfortable with wording. As far as dealing with eleents being added to LwD that aren't in 1.3; I know SC is paying a lot of attention to that, so I'm assuming that will be handled
Kris; yes, they are.
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00091.html (Hamilton, 20 June 2017
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00092.html (Kimber, 20 June 2017)
Dick; there's very little that needs discussion; Eliot's response covered part, Wrt my other comments, I saw we used DTDs thruout, but I assume final will use RNG, since that's normative?
Carlos; yes, that is happening.
Dick; also, I'd suggest you use acknowledgements, since a lot of people outside the TC have contributed.
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00107.html (Stevens, 23 June 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00111.html (Evia, 24 June 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00109.html (Eberlein, 24 June 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00115.html (Priestley, 26 June 2017)
Dawn; I feel as though most of my questions came from my not being involved earlier, and not having the same perspective as SC.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201706/msg00108.html (Hudson, 23 June 2017)
Scott; I think my sense was the same as Dawn's; but I want to know what this will bring you rather than just staying with Markdown or HTML? Are we going to muddy the waters with this?
Kris; we'll just have to see what happens.

7. E-mail on dita-comment list
o Possible improvement for DITA 2.0
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201707/msg00000.html (Radu Coravu, 18 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201707/msg00001.html (Anderson, 18 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201707/msg00003.html (Radu Coravu, 18 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201707/msg00004.html (Eberlein, 18 July 2017)
[hold till Robert's on the call]

8. New possible stage 1 proposal
o Let steps element nest
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201707/msg00037.html (Anderson, 20 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201707/msg00043.html (Joe Pairman, 21 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201707/msg00044.html (Jang Graat, 21 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201707/msg00045.html (Anderson, 21 July 2017)
[hold till Robert's on the call]

11:35 ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 25 July 2017

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2017-07-31 05:05:56

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]