OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 1 August 2017 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems: None

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 1 August 2017
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

1. Roll call
Regrets: Dick Hamilton, Carlos Evia, Chris Nitchie, Robert Anderson, Kris Eberlein

2. Approve minutes from business meeting on 25 July 2017:
o 25 July 2017: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201707/msg00054.html (Nancy Harrison, posted 31 July 2018)
[due to OASIS email wonkiness, the notification for these didn't go out until some time after they were posted, so folks didn't get a chance to review them; hold for next week]

3. Announcements:
New TC members: None

4. Action items
o 6 September 2016
Kris: Revise subject scheme example topic pulled from errata 01
o 4 October 2016:
Tom: Work on aggregated minutes for 2005-2011 (IN PROGRESS)
o 04 April 2017
All TC members consider what they want to see on the new DITA.xml.org site for the DITA TC
o 20 June 2017
- LwDITA subcommittee
- Kris: Work with Carlos and Chris to determine best way to move forward with issue of MDITA and HDITA validation
- Kris: Convene working group (Eliot, Carlos, Chris, Keith) to create committee note about "Multimedia domain for DITA 1.3" (IN PROGRESS)
[no updates]
o 11 July 2017
- Bob: Complete spec style sheets. Deadline of 25 July 2017. [COMPLETED]
[action items for July 25th need to be added; no new action items from this meeting.]

5. DITA 1.3 Errata 02
o Wiki page for DITA 1.3 Errata 02
o Style sheets: Progress?
Bob; I've gotten the new style sheets uploaded to Github.
o New item: none

6. E-mail on dita-comment list
Possible improvement for DITA 2.0
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201707/msg00000.html (Radu Coravu, 18 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201707/msg00001.html (Anderson, 18 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201707/msg00003.html (Radu Coravu, 18 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201707/msg00004.html (Eberlein, 18 July 2017)
[neither Kris nor Robert on the call; hold till they are.]

7. New possible stage 1 proposal
Let steps element nest
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201707/msg00037.html (Anderson, 20 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201707/msg00043.html (Joe Pairman, 21 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201707/msg00044.html (Jang Graat, 21 July 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201707/msg00045.html (Anderson, 21 July 2017)
Amber; users are always asking for this; sometimes folks have very complex needs, and they want to reuse a step in more than one task, and it's at steps level in one place, and at substeps level in another, and they can't conref it.
Bob; I'd like to see this come on as a stage one proposal; of course, there would be some problems, in particular, what do we do with substeps?
Tom; is the content model of steps and substeps the same?
Dawn; steps allow some content that's not allowed in substeps.
Tom; how easy / hard would it be to make a transform from substeps to steps?
Amber; substeps is a subset of steps, so it wouldn't be very hard.
Tom; does anyone have any objections to making this a stage 1 proposal?
[no objections]
[will vote on making it stage 1 at subsequent meeting]
Bob; I'll make sure this is on the agenda for the next techcomm SC meeting, this is really within their purview.
Tom; Kris might want to postpone making this a stage 1 proposal until after next techcomm SC meeting; will check with her.

8. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals: Status
18: Make audience, platform, product, otherprops into specializations (Anderson)
21: Resolve inconsistent class values for shortdesc, linktext, searchtitle (Kimber)
33: Deprecate or remove copy-to attribute
34: Remove topicset and topicref
8: Add a new vocabulary element for inclusion of external XML and text markup (Nitchie)
16: Add titlealts elements to map (Nitchie)
29: Modify bookmap design (Sirois)
13: Split base and technical content (Thomas)
[no updates]

11:12 am ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 1 August 2017

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2017-08-01 08:28:44

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]