Subject: Re: [dita] Action items from 22 August 2017 meeting

Will do!

--Scott

From: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 10:51 AM
To: Scott Hudson <scott.hudson@jeppesen.com>, DITA TC <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

Scott, can you develop a topic that would be appropriate for http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/errata01/os/complete/part3-all-inclusive/archSpec/base/examples-of-keys.html#examples_of_keys

2.3.4.10 Examples of keys

I think an appropriate title would be "Example: Key definitions for images and alternate text"

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)

On 8/23/2017 12:42 PM, Scott Hudson wrote:

Per my action item, here is an example of alt text using keys for images:

<keydef keys="fg_weather-notams" href="" format="png">
</keydef>

This example incorporates the guidance from:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/errata01/os/complete/part1-base/archSpec/base/processing-keyref-for-text.html

Note: Because all elements that get effective content will eventually look for content in the <linktext> element, using <linktext> for effective content is a best practice for cases where all elements getting text from a key definition should result in the same value.

Question: should this be added to the dita.oasis-open.org/spec/archSpec/base/processing-keyref-for-text.dita topic, or are we managing errata02 differently?

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott

Voting member:

Boeing Data Standards Technical Advisory Board

OASIS DocBook TC, Publishers SC (Chair)

OASIS DITA TC, Tech Comm SC, LW DITA SC, Learning Content SC (Secretary)

OASIS DITA Adoption TC

OASIS Augmented Reality in Information Products (ARIP) TC

Scott Hudson
Content Strategist, Digital Aviation Learning and Development

Jeppesen, A Boeing Company

55 Inverness Drive East

Englewood, CO  80112

303-328-6228 | Cell: 303-350-7934

This document contains only administrative, uncontrolled data under U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations.