OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [dita] Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 29 August 2017 uploaded


Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)

On 9/5/2017 9:28 AM, Nancy Harrison wrote:
Submitter's message
[my apologies for the delay; I wrote these up last Tuesday and thought I had mailed them out that day, but realized, when I couldn't find them online, that I hadn't.]

1. Kris will ask Robin Cover about adding committers to OASIS Github repos for DITA SCs.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 29 August 2017
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Kris Eberlein, Robert Anderson, Stan Doherty, Mark Giffin, Nancy Harrison, Alan Houser, Eliot Kimber, Amber Swope, Bob Thomas, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Tom Magliery, Carsten Brennecke, Scott Hudson, Carlos Evia

1. Roll call
Regrets: Dawn Stevens, Bill Burns

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201708/msg00050.html (Tom Magliery, Thu, 24 Aug 2017 15:48:11 -0700 (PDT))
moved by Kris, 2nded by Nancy, approved by TC

3. Announcements:
New TC members: None

4. Action items
6 September 2016
Kris: Revise subject scheme example topic pulled from errata 01
Kris; not yet, willing to let someone else do this, otherwise I'll get to it.
4 October 2016:
Tom: Work on aggregated minutes for 2005-2011 (IN PROGRESS)
Tom; not yet, still hope to finish it...
04 April 2017
All TC members consider what they want to see on the new DITA.xml.org site for the DITA TC
Kris; Keith, could you still use this?
Keith; not really, we're already pretty far along, we can let go of this AI.
25 July 2017
Stan: Review target audiences thoroughly in next review of the committee note
Stan; this is done
Tech comm subcommittee: Consider whether to make proposal to allow steps to nest a stage 1 proposal
LwDITA subcommittee:
(Committee note) Mention that markup for variable text only supported in DITA-OT-2.5.1 and later
Carlos; this is done
8 August 2017
Kris: Request GitHub repo for L & T subcommittee (waiting on info from subcommittee)
Kris; Amber, I need info from you and Dawn for this
Amber, we haven't had an SC meeting for awhile, will have one in Sept, then we can get the info to you.
Kris, Nancy, Stan, Tom: Test new PDF style sheets (COMPLETED by Kris and Stan)
Kris; I looked at these wrt cover pages, Stan did a general review as well.
15 August 2017:
Bob: Resolve style sheet issues uncovered by Kris (IN PROGRESS)
Kris; I think we've resolved all issues I uncovered, as well as Stan's comments on definition lists.
LwDITA subcommittee:
Develop schedule for committee note (IN PROGRESS)
Carlos; we drafted one last week, and I made some changes to that, but there will be no mtg next Monday (US Labor Day holiday), so I'm sending message to SC to look at my fixes.
22 August 2017:
Kris: Develop troubleshooting topic about what occurs if you don't filter out the notices platform="external-publishing" element (COMPLETED)
Bob: Add Kris and Robert to list of committers for TechComm SC GitHub repo
Bob; I can't do that, don't have power
Kris; have to ask Robin Cover
Carlos: Add Kris and Robert to list of committers for LwDITA SC GitHub repo
Carlos; I don't have that power, so I asked Bob (see above)
***ActionItem: Kris will ask Robin Cover about adding committers to OASIS Github repos
Carlos: Move LwDITA DTDs to official SC GitHub repo; leave the Open OASIS rep for experimental work and collaboration with non-OASIS members
Carlos; this is done
Scott: Develop new example topic for errata 02 that covers alt text and using keys for images (COMPLETED)
Eliot: Respond to George Bina's e-mail on dita-comment list (COMPLETED)
Kris: Fix error in subjectScheme example (keys value "win98" vs. "winvis") for errata 02 (COMPLETED)

5. Specification style sheets
Results from testing?
Nancy; I got started on in in the last couple of days, should have results by next week.
Kris; [question for Bob] what concrete items should folks look for? (e.g. all contents of varname got decimated in first errata)
Bob; varnames should be generally OK now, since we moved to a different basis for the plugin; should have less precedence issues.
Kris; but are there any particular items to check for between new pluging and 1.3 errata?
Nancy; just to confirm, we're doing a side-by-side comparing new version with errata01?
Kris; whatever works best for you

6. E-mail on dita-comment list

7. DITA 1.3 Errata 02
Wiki page for DITA 1.3 Errata 02
New items:

8. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals: Vote
#27: Multimedia domain
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/61409/Issue27-multimedia.html (Nitchie, 17 August 2017)
[no motion made; continued from last week]
'Yes' votes: Robert Anderson, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Mark Giffin, Nancy Harrison, Alan Hauser, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Tom Magliery, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Amber Swope, Bob Thomas
'No' votes: none

9. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals: Status
Estimates on when we will see proposals?
[no change]

10. DITA 2.0 stage one proposals
New items:
[no new items]

12 noon ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 29 August 2017

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2017-09-05 06:28:22

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]