OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 9 January 2018 uploaded

Submitter's message
1. close out old action items:
- Nancy/Tom; propose way to aggregate minutes
- Robert/Kris; close out action item of 19 Sep by 1/16 or 1/23 TC call
- Robert close out action item of 5 Dec
2. Alan will send out email on doing ditaweb; TC members will use DITAWeb to review 1.3 Errata02 document.
3. Kris will respond to Stefan Eike's comment wrt processing release mgmt domain items, based on our discussion today.
4. Eliot will send mail to list with potential 2.0 proposal on re-design of image to include metadata information.
5. Chris will send out email on what his issues around adding a new vocabulary element for inclusion of external XML and text markup; he, Robert, and Eliot will discuss this via email.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 9 January 2018
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Kris Eberlein, Maria Essig, Carlos Evia, Richard Hamilton, Nancy Harrison, Alan Hauser, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Tom Magliery, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schenglie-Roberts, Joe Storbeck, Dawn Stevens, Amber Swope, Jim Tivy, Bob Thomas

1. Roll call
Regrets: Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Joe Pairman

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
05 December: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201712/msg00016.html (Harrison, 6 Dec 2017 23:07:26 -0800 (PST))
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201712/msg00017.html (Joe Pairman, 7 Dec 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201712/msg00018.html (Eberlein, 7 Dec 2017)
moved by Kris, seconded by Dawn, approved by TC
12 December: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201712/msg00028.html (Keith Schengili-Roberts, Mon, 18 Dec 2017 06:05:38 -0800 (PST))
moved by Kris, seconded by Dick, approved by TC

3. Announcements:
New TC members:
Deb Bissantz, Vasont Systems
Kristen Toole, Adobe

4. Action items
6 September 2016
Kris: Revise subject scheme example topic pulled from errata 01
4 October 2016:
Tom: Work on aggregated minutes for 2005-2011 (IN PROGRESS)
19 September 2017:
Kris and Robert: Draft response to Radu's blog post and e-mail to dita-comment
14 November 2017:
Alan: Ensure that he can work with DITAweb and GitHub repos to have a review of errata 02 document (COMPLETED)
05 December 2017:
Robert: Investigate issues that OASIS found re HTML generated by DITA-OT
12 December 2017:
Nancy: Review Bob's build of the Errata 02 package (COMPLETED)
Kris asked that old items be completed or resolved in some way by next week; those include the following:
- Nancy/Tom; propose way to aggregate minutes
- Robert/Kris; close out action item of 19 Sep by 1/16 or 1/23 TC call
- Robert close out action item of 5 Dec

5. "LwDITA: An Introduction" committee note: Items from public review
Status? How did the subcommittee decide to handle working the review notes? Schedule?
Subcommittee's preference for how to handle the issue of "6 LwDITA tools"
- Kris; status from Carlos wrt SC's preference for handling tools?
- Carlos; at last LwD SC meeting, reviewed all feedback to CN; no major material changes requested; there are a few comments we're saving for the spec, but nothing major. We went specifically thru all comments that came thru official OASIS channels; how do we address comments that came directly to me (these also included no reqs for major material changes)? Do I just implement changes, and do I attribute them to myself? We created a table with all the comments (including the ones that came directly to me), including data on when they arrived, what they were about, and how we'll deal with them.
But I'm not sure how to deal with comments that didn't come thru OASIS.
- Kris; you can use email to forward a summary of the comments you received directly to the SC; then SC can discuss contents of your email with comments. But you can't attribute anything to the people who didn't use official channels. SC can take action on your email about comments and record that, but anything else doesn't exist from OASIS POV.
- Carlos; so I can implement all the changes we discussed, and I think we can have them ready for TC by next call.
- Kris; great, on the Dec 12 TC call, there was a discussion on the tools topic, and TC decided that should be removed from CN. On yesterday's SC call, they made another proposal; leave topic in CN, but instead of including the list of tools, provide a link to a list on the SC OASIS site (this was a suggestion of Chet Ensign). So we have to confirm that alternate plan. Does anyone object to that? It gives readers a link to a wiki page.
- Tom; I like it in general, but sometimes wiki pages don't get updated, so it should show date of last modification, plus an email address to use to add items to the wiki page.
- Carlos; we can do that.
- Kris; I move that we amend the Dec 12 TC decision, to retain tools topic in LwD CN, but instead of explicitly listing tools, add link to a list of tools on a wiki page on OASIS site that will be regularly updated.
moved by Kris, seconded by Alan, approved by TC.

6. DITA 1.3 Errata 02
Wiki page for DITA 1.3 Errata 02
Errata 02 document with new information architecture (includes Errata 01 content)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201712/msg00011.html (Eberlein, 04 Dec 2017)
ZIP of revised DITA 1.3 specification
- Kris; we need a zip of the 1.3 errata02 on kavi. Bob, can you provide that?
- Bob; yes, I already put an HTML ball in kavi.
[action completed during call; entire Errata02 now up on Kavi]
- Kris; Alan, are we ready for DITAWeb review?
- Alan; yes.
- Kris; I've updated errata02 schedule for review from today thru next week (16 Jan). Can folks review it?
[consensus: yes]
***ActionItem: Alan will send out email on doing ditaweb, TC members will use DITAWeb to review 1.3 Errata02 document.
- Kris; in the review, you don't need to look at Errata01 content, just compare Errata02 doc with the revised spec and make sure they're consistent; any questions?

7. Item from dita-comment: Please explain how the release-management domain should be processed
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201711/msg00003.html (Stefan Eike, 27 Nov 2017)
- Bob; there's a white paper out there on release mgmt domain...
- Robert; does it specify answers to Stefan's question? The most relevant part of question is 'what do you DO with the change mgmt data, and how does it interact with things like bookmap changehistory data? Should there be something similar to a booklist that generates a change list? I have some suggestions; for 2.0, should we have a 'changelist' similar to figurelist/tablelist?
- Bob; we should add this to the 2.0 techcomm bookmap change item.
- Kris; what he's also asking is: there are a lot of items now that relate to this; how should they interact and be presented? Are there folks who want to work on this? what do we want, and how does that relate to 2.0 work?
Robert; I'm not exactly interested in 'how to format', but probably in questions of 'when to format'.
- Keith; I ended up co-authoring the white paper on release mgmt, but this item isn't well-covered in it.
- Kris; and there's the Adoption Comm. white paper, but we need to do something about the spec as well. I will respond to this on comments list.
- Nancy; do we need a new 2.0 proposal on this?
***ActionItem Kris will respond to comment on our discussion today, but we don't currently have a decision on what to do about it, either in terms of clarification or future proposals.
- Robert; I think we shoud do something; do these interact with bookchangehistory, and other question is 'how to generate a list, either say there's no standard way, or have a proposal.
- Kris; should we have a potential stage 1 item for a changelist item?
- Robert; I'm putting that on the stage1 list right now.

8. Rationale for alt inside image
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201712/msg00038.html (Jang Graat, 20 December 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201712/msg00039.html (Kimber, 20 December 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201712/msg00040.html (Nitchie, 20 December 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201712/msg00041.html (Jang Graat, 20 December 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201712/msg00042.html (Kimber, 20 December 2017)
- Kris; do we need a discussion here?
- Eliot; my general response to Jang is 'that's the way it is'. For 2.0, it might be worth thinking about re-designing image element so that it contains a subelement equiv to alt, with metadata. Right now image doesn't contain metadata element within it, so it can't have metadata in it. which is particularly a problem in Framemaker. Allowing metadata in image would allow more flexibility. But outside of that, we don't need to discuss it further.
- Kris; can you send a message to TC proposing a potential stage1 proposal?
***ActionItem Eliot will send mail to list with potential 2.0 proposal on this.

9. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals
Process: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_2.0_Proposal_Process_DRAFT?highlight=%28DITA%29%7C%282.0%29%7C%28stages%29
Review of review of proposed dates for stage 2 proposals in progress
- Kris; I'd like a deadline date for submittal for each of these.
- Robert; can we get rid of items marked 'to be repmoved?'
- Kris; yes
[following items covered]
a. [Scott: allow "sup" and "sub" in several glossentry elements]
scott; will do by 29 January
b. [Alan: Remove "delayed conref domain" from 2.0]
Alan; what to do next is a mystery to me; what do I do to move to stage 3?
Robert; complete the stage 2 template
Kris; there's a hyperlink in the front page wiki for the process and the templates, and we're listing it as stage1 template 'draft' but those are approved, so not drafts. also, can look at examples of 1.3 examples.]
Alan; in that case, 29 January
c. [Chris: Add a new vocabulary element for inclusion of external XML and text markup]
Chris; will need some help on this. on verge of retracting this because diff use cases are diff enough that it may not be viable; let's put this in Feb; if I can't do by then, may retract
Kris; so last Monday in FEb? do you want named volunteers?
Robert, Eliot volunteered
***ActionItem Chris, Robert, and Eliot will confer on this; Kris wil be looking for smail on the discussion
Chris; I will send out email on what i'm struggling with this week.
d. [Eliot: resolve inconsistent class att for shordesc, linktext, and searchtitle]
Eliot; end of february
e. [Eliot: Remove topicset, topicsetref element]
Eliot; also end of feb
f. [Eliot: Deprecate or remove copy-to attribute]
Eliot; requires coming up with replacesment for copy-to functionality... not easy, so end of March.
g. [Robert: Remove xtrf and xtrc attributes from core DITA 2.0 model]
Robert; end of january
h. [Kris: Add titlealts to maps]
Kris; middle of february 2/19
i. [Kris: remove previously deprecated items]
Kris; Jan 22, and earlier if possible
j. [Robert: make original profile atts into specializations of props]
Robert; end of January
k. [Bob: Split base and technical content]
Bob; I've been working on that, say Feb 12.

9a. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals - scheduling
[this item was added during meeting; not on original agenda]
a. [Chris: Add a multimedia domain]
Carlos; we have a proposal, has to be turned into spec language...
Chris; end of Feb.
b. [Chris: loosen attribute specialization rules]
Chris; I can't assign dates at that point; already have a full plate.
c. [Robert: Make @outputclass a universal attribute]
Robert; end of Feb.

9 am PT close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 9 January 2018

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2018-01-09 12:46:17

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]