Subject: Re: [dita] Delayed conref domain

Resurrecting an old thread...

I've been preparing the Stage 2 proposal to remove the delayed conref resolution domain from DITA 2.0. (DITA 1.3 spec info: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part3-all-inclusive/langRef/containers/delayconref-d.html).

As I drill down into this feature, I can't help but think "This is a cool feature. There must be use cases for this. I would love to use it myself."

I _believe_ this feature is distinctive because it supports post-build resolution of content references. Putting implementation support aside (which, I acknowledge, is an issue), how else would one satisfy this requirement, if it exists, with DITA?

-Alan