Subject: Feedback on navtitle from dita-users

See below.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [dita-users] is anyone using @navtitle (the attribute, not the element)?
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:38:25 -0800
From: Megan Bock mebock@gmail.com [dita-users] <dita-users@yahoogroups.com>
To: dita-users@yahoogroups.com

We use it unwillingly in two ways.

(1) The editor that we use shows the navtitle attribute value when you collapse the graphical representation of the tag, but will not show the element value. We never lock the titles, so this is an authoring convenience only.

(2) In key definitions for non-local linking, we've had to use the navtitle attribute alongside the linktext element to cover xref, link, and reltable. For PDF, the attribute is required for reltable-based targets. For everything else (link or xref in PDF and everything in non-PDF), the linktext element works. See DITA OT issue 1439 in GitHub. Sorry, don't have the link on my phone.

Megan Bock

Sent from my mobile