Subject: Stage 1 proposal (reminder): steps within steps

Last year I brought up the proposal to allow <steps> to nest inside of the <step> element: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201707/msg00037.html

That generated a bit of discussion, and was discussed at the next meeting on August 1: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201708/msg00004.html

At that meeting the proposal was shifted over to the tech-comm subcommittee to work on it as a proposal; we were not yet keeping track of proposals in github so we didn't create an issue for it. With that subcommittee now folded back into the main TC, I'd like to officially put this on the list as a stage 1 proposal.

Regards,

Robert D. Anderson
DITA-OT lead and Co-editor DITA 1.3 specification,
Digital Services Group

E-mail: robander@us.ibm.com
Digital Services Group
11501 BURNET RD,, TX, 78758-3400, AUSTIN, USA