Subject: Re: [dita] Definition of root map

I offer the following definition of root map:

A root map is any DITA map—including specialized DITA maps—that serves as the entry point to a network of linked resources such that every resource in that network can be reached by using this DITA map as a starting point for traversing the network. Resources include DITA topics, other DITA maps, and non-DITA targets. Network traversal occurs anywhere within the network by following any type of link, direct or indirect, that is defined in the DITA specification.

Best regards,
Bob Thomas