OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 17 April 2018 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems: None

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 17 April 2018
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Maria Essig, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Tom Magliery, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Bob Thomas, Don Day, Amber Swope, Jang Graat

1. Roll call
Regrets: Dick Hamilton, Chris Nitchie, Alan Houser, Bill Burns

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
10 April 2018:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00067.html (Harrison, 16 April 2018)
Moved by Kris, 2nded by Maria, approved by TC

3. Announcements:
New TC members: None

4. Action items
6 September 2016
Kris: Revise subject scheme example topic pulled from errata 01
19 September 2017:
Kris and Robert: Draft response to Radu's blog post and e-mail to dita-comment
27 March 2018
Keith: Post URL to new dita.xml.org sandbox site for TC members (COMPLETED)
Kris and Tom: Check errata 02 package against OASIS previous request for changes
03 April 2018:
Robert: Investigate whether functionality introduced in DITA 1.3 to use steps in troubleshooting topic can address Jang Graat's issue with reference topic structure (COMPLETED)
10 April 2018
Kris: Send URL for document with info on precise wording for motions to the TC (COMPLETED)
Kris: Open request for TC Admin to publish the LwDITA committee note (COMPLETED)
[no new action on any action items]

5. DITA TC GitHub processes
- Robert; I was playing around with GitHub. making changes to the 2.0 spec and doctypes. in particular updating them wrt the proposal on removing deprecated items. I was worried about the fact that we didn't have a good way to test that changes we made to things were safe because we didn't have any 2.0 documents to test with. So I created some basic documents (map and topics) and set up the Travis integration service so it downloads a couple of basic files and runs a basic 2.0 process on them. Now, whenever you commit something to the GitHub repository, Travis can be used to do a sanity test to make sure your RNG and DTD files are still valid. It would catch things like typos in DTDs or RNGs, or broken links or conrefs.. If you're making changes, you can activate Travis on your account and it automatically tests your changes.
- Kris; thanks, Robert

6. CMS/DITA NA 2018 conference
Update on event for TC members:
[no updates needed

7. "LwDITA: An Introduction" committee note
New package: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/document.php?document_id=62491&referring_url=%2Fkws
Public review requested on 14 February 2018
15-day public review announced on 23 February 2018: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201802/msg00069.html
Public review closed 12 March 2018
Comment resolution log from 2nd public review posted:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201803/msg00074.html (Evia, Mon, 26 Mar 2018)
Request for OASIS to publish the committee note opened on 11 April 2018
Published on 13 April 2018 -- CONGRATULATIONS!

8. DITA 1.3 Errata 02
Wiki page for DITA 1.3 Errata 02
TC admin provided list of cover page corrections on 06 February 2018
Source changes implemented:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201802/msg00036.html (Eberlein, 09 Feb 2018)
Style sheet changes needed:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201802/msg00040.html (Eberlein, 13 Feb 2018)
Updated package from Bob Thomas:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201803/msg00059.html (Tue, 20 Mar 2018)
[no new updates]

9. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals
Initial discussion

10. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals
Redesign chunking
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00039.html (Anderson, 09 April 2018)
Robert moved to advance this to stage 3, Stan 2nded
yex votes: 14 (Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Maria Essig, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Eliot Kimber, Tom Magliery, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Bob Thomas)
no votes: 0
[Proposal is moved to stage 3]
- Robert; Stan and Eliot did stage 2 review; can you review for stage 3 as well?
[Stan & Eliot will be reviewers for stage 3 as well.]
- Robert; I have 2 other propopsals at stage 3, they had stage 2 -reviewers, but I haven't formally gotten stage 3 reviewers assigned yet. Do stage 2 reviewers automatically become stage 3 reviewers?
- Kris; I think we need a separate call for stage 3 reviewers.
for nesting prop, nancy, bob, and carsten
Robert' also, proposal for turning base profiling options into specializations of @props
Deb, Tom will review,
Continuing discussion; none
Initial discussion: none

11. DITA 2.0 stage one proposals
Continuing discussion: none
Initial discussion: none

12. Volunteers: dita-users moderation, Facebook DITA group
- Kris; we need more moderators; everyone is moderated when they join and generally later, moved to non-moderated status, don and keith?
- Don; really staying up to date, not a glamorous job, but also not an onerous thing,
- Keith, comes down to scanning posts and deterininng whether posts are spam or not,
- Tom; how do you tell if something has been approved or not?
- Keith; it will say it's already been approved?
[Tom and Maria volunteered]
- Kris; the most cumbersome part is changing someone'e status so that their posts are no longer moderated; otherwise they're frustrated when their posts don't go through. are you both members of the yahoo dita-users?
- Tom; yes
- Maria; no, but I'll join.
- Kris; Don, what about facebook page?
- Don; it's something I didn't start and had no vision for; the original creator handed it off to me, and now it's languishing. Adobe Indian folks have been putting up posts and it's now full of Indian users, I considered giving it to someone at Adobe to moderate, but I don't really want to do that... Eventually I want to give up my admin role completely.
- Kris; any takers? get back to Don if you're interested.
- Keith; I'm not volunteering, but it might be worthwhile circulating the url for this so folks can see what it is.
- Don; it would be helpful to take a look and see what is there.
- Keith; I just sent the url.
- Jang; I will look at it; I might have ideas, but I'd have to look at it first. can talk about it next week at conference

12. New item: Ruminations on the prohibition of for DITA content
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00059.html (Nitchie, 12 April 2018)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00060.html (Jim Tivy, 12 April 2018)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00061.html (Kimber, 12 April 2018)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00062.html (Rob Hanna, 12 April 2018)
[held till Chris is on call]

13. Continuing item: Definition of a root map
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00025.html (Jim Tivy, 06 April 2018)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00030.html (Kimber, 06 April 2018)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00033.html (Magliery, 06 April 2018)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00034.html (Jang Graat, 06 April 2018)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00038.html (Eberlein, 07 April 2018)
- Kris; I think we've closed this at last week's meeting

No TC meeting next week (April 24) because of DITA/NA conference in Denver, where most members will be.

11:21 am ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 17 April 2018

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2018-05-07 20:05:21

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]