[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [dita] Fwd: Issues with DITA v1.3 Errata 02 csprd01
We have a corrected package for you at https://www.oasis-open.org/
committees/document.php? document_id=63075&wg_abbrev= dita
Thanks for your help with our submission!
Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)
On 2/6/2018 1:45 PM, Paul Knight wrote:
forwarding to TC mailing list - intended to include TC in initial message...
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Knight <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 12:28 PM
Subject: Issues with DITA v1.3 Errata 02 csprd01
To: Kristen Eberlein <email@example.com>
Cc: Chet Ensign <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi Kris and DITA TC members,
In getting the DITA material  ready to publish, we found some issues, including missing files ((5) and (7)), a bad link (6), and incorrect titles and subtitles (the other numbered items).
A list of what needs to be fixed is below. Most of these items were okay for Errata 01 , so that can be a model, along with the templates noted below. It appears that none of these items affect the technical content of the DITA material, so there is no need for a formal TC re-approval, and no need to modify the approval date (23 January 2018).
1) The subtitles of the "Parts" (0, 1, 2, 3) are incorrect:
-- They say: Committee Specification Draft 01 / Public Review Draft >incorporating Public Review Draft 01 of Errata 02<
-- They SHOULD say: OASIS Standard >incorporating Public Review Draft 01 of Errata 02<
2) The "Citation format" blocks (of Parts 0, 1, 2, and 3) have the same error as in (1) - they SHOULD say: OASIS Standard incorporating Public Review Draft 01 of Errata 02.
3) The "Citation format" block of the Errata listing is missing the final "01" in the subtitle - it SHOULD say:
"Committee Specification Draft 01 / Public Review Draft 01."
(It should be the same as the subtitle at the top of page 1 of the Errata listing, which is correctly worded, although missing a space before the slash.)
Please see the examples provided in the template files delivered in December 2016, at https://lists.oasis-open.org/a
4) In the main titles of the four "complete" parts (0, 1, 2, 3), the phrase "Plus Errata 02" should be in red text, as was done in Errata 01 (and in the template files)
5) (?) (may be okay now) In the "Additional artifacts" sections of Parts 1, 2, and 3, there are references to a "ZIP file that contains a CHM version", but these ZIP files (...-complete-chm.zip) were not provided in the ZIP package.
NEW NOTE for (5) - We just noted that the Jan. 23 minutes referred to the missing CHM files, to be prepared by Bob Thomas. It looks like Bob uploaded a file  with CHM material on Jan. 26. This contains five CHM files. (not zipped). In the material prepared by the TC, there are links for only three CHM.ZIP files - for parts 1,2, and 3. Also, previously in Errata 01, the CHM.ZIP files were only published for Parts 1, 2, and 3. So we can use Bob's material by zipping the CHM files for Parts 1, 2, and 3, and ignoring the other two CHM files (Part 0 and Errata listing). [However, it is possible that all the CHM files may need to be regenerated anyway, if the other changes noted here affect the CHM files]
6) In the "Additional artifacts" section of Part 3, the reference to a "ZIP file that contains an HTML version" ends in "...-complete-chm.zip", the same as the line above it. It should end in "...-complete-html.zip"
7) There is no HTML file provided for Part 0 (the file xhtml/dita-v1.3-errata02-csprd
01-part0-overview-complete.zip is empty in the main ZIP package)
These are the only items we've noted.
 DITA source material: https://www.oasis-open.org/app
Issue tracking: https://issues.oasis-open.org/
 CHM files: https://www.oasis-open.org/app
s/org/workgroup/dita/download. php/62403/dita-v1.3-errata02- csprd01_26jan18_chm_all.zip DITA v1.3 Errata 01: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dit-- a/dita/v1.3/errata01/csprd01/(plus other parts linked from there) dita-v1.3-errata01-csprd01. html