Subject: Re: [dita] FW: Question to DITA TC: @keyref missing for <filepath> and <userinput> in DITA 1.3? (described in spec, but not in DTD)

I can confirm that filepath and userinput do not allow @keyref in the 1.3 RNG, which is definitely an oversight.

However, this was the case in DITA 1.2 as well.

So it looks like the oversight dates back to the original addition of keyref—the software domain was never updated to allow keyref on elements specialized from elements to which keyref was added.

Since this has been this way since DITA 1.2 I don’t think we can treat it as an errata (and in any case we’re not planning an errata 3 for DITA 1.3 at this point).

One workaround would be to use the generalized form of the elements, meaning <ph class=”+ topic/ph sw-d/filepath “ keyref=”somekey”/>.

This would be semantically correct and grammar valid and should result in the intended processing result.

Pretty ugly but it should work.

http://contrext.com