Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 5 June 2018 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of OASIS DITA TC meeting
Tuesday, 5 June 2018

ACTION ITEMS:
1. Jang will investigate reworking hazardstatement domain to make it ANSI-compliant without compromising legacy content.

Business
========
1. Roll call
Attendance: Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Bill Burns, Stan Doherty, Carlos Evia, Dick Hamilton, Allen Houser, Nancy Harrison,* Scott Hudson, Elliott Kimber, Chris Nitchie, Bob Thomas
* Nancy acted as chair.

Regrets: Carsten Brennecke, Kris Eberlein, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois

Non-voting members: Jang Graat

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Agendda-15-May-2018 (Harrison, 15 May 2017)
Motion to approve by Bob Thomas, second by Scott Hudson

3. Announcements:
(none)

4. Action items
? 6 September 2016
o Kris: Revise subject scheme example topic pulled from errata 01
? 08 May 2018:
o Eric: Consider e-mail on dita-comment from Stefan Eike and report back to TC

5. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals: Vote
Multimedia Domain
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/document.php?document_id=61092 (Nitchie, 26 June 2017)
The TC voted to move the above proposal to stage 3:
Nancy made the motion, 2nd by Maria
Results of voting:
'yes' votes: Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Bill Burns, Stan Doherty, Carlos Evia, Dick Hamilton, Allen Houser, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Elliott Kimber, Chris Nitchie, Bob Thomas
'no' votes: none
other: none

6. Hazard Statement
Jang: There were e-mails passed concerning the hazard statement while I was traveling on business. Apparently, no one saw any reason to change anything. But I believe it needs to be redone ? I disagree that there is no problem with it. It is supposed to be compliant with the ANSI standard, but is not. The discussion is far from over and I wonder how it will move forward.

Nancy: You should discuss this with Kris.

Jang: People have no problem with it, but it is not compliant with ANSI standards.

Bob Thomas: It doesn?t limit you from generating ANSI compliant hazard statements, but allows a compliance model that lets you work with a looser content model.

Jang: But it is not possible to leave the hazard symbol outside of the message panel now, which is defined by ANSI as necessary for grouped hazard statements. Type attribute allows note, fastpath ? which are specifically against the ANSI hazard statement standards, which only has 4 levels of hazard statements.

Nancy: Do you specialize?

Jang: You can?t have separate hazard statements unless you don?t use hazard symbols. According to ANSI, you don?t have to repeat the symbol if grouping statements. But the hazard symbol belongs to the message panel.

Nancy: Are there any other comments? It?s too bad Kris and Dawn are not on this call because they are the ones who didn?t think changes in hazard statement were advisable.

Robert: I agree we need a different construction for messagepanel to cleanly support ANSI content.
Jang: We could add multiple images as a child of messagepanel, but that won't work because messagepanel is specialized from the