Subject: DITA 2.0 spec editing process: Element reference topics

Here's how Robert and I have operating so far, and we'd like to suggest that each of the groups with existing content -- TechComm and Learning and Training -- use this process as well.

Phase one

Refactor each element reference topic using the new DITA 2.0 organization format:

  • Move content into what you think is the relevant section.
  • Ensure that each section has the appropriate title and @id
  • Do NOT remove or change content in a substantive way; we want to start the next phrase with the topics containing DITA 1.3 content

Phase two

First editorial pass over content:

  • Remove unused sections
  • Follow the guidelines outlined in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201807/msg00001.html
  • Add draft comments about:
    • Any key processing information that you think might be "buried" and which needs to be addressed in core topics about DITA processing
    • Problems you see, for example, current wording might be assuming LTR languages or that <b> elements might typically be darkened (true for Western languages, maybe). Of course, if you can fix the issue, do so.
    • Ideas for making examples more robust
    • Etc.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)