Subject: regrets for July 24

I'm at IEEE ProComm in Toronto, and will miss today's TC meeting.

ProComm is smallish (80 people this year, including speakers and organizers), but does a reasonable job of spanning engineering and academic communication. (It's definitely an academic conference ... most sessions are paper presentations). My LwDITA workshop had nine people (about what I expected). The level of structured authoring/XML/DITA expertise in the room was higher than I expected, which was encouraging.

Credit also to Carlos -- He and I submitted the proceedings paper; Carlos co-presented in spirit.

-Alan

--
Alan Houser
Group Wellesley, Inc.