Subject: Re: [dita] Limitations of titlealts

OK, we are talking about titles and topics here, correct?

I think Healthwise is using <navtitle> and <searchtitle> in a way that it was not intended to be used.

If you want topics to have different titles based on the publishing context/audience, here are the commonly used strategies:

  • Filtering and branch filtering
  • Key references and key scopes

Is part of the issue here also related to the Healthwise CCMS and the factory publishing environment?

One of the proposals for DITA 2.0 was to add <titlealts> to map, and we've come very close to deciding that it is too complex and will lead to myriad difficulties with implementation.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)