The LwDITA spec editing team (Alan, Carlos, and Michael) proposes to conduct a review/analysis of the processing expectations of topics common to the LwDITA and 2.0 planned specs.
We would like to present this idea for discussion during the 02/12/19 TC call.
In order to preserve OASIS transparency, the analysis would be posted in a wiki page under the oasis-open.org
domain, and will consist of the following sections:
- DITA 2.0 element/LwDITA component name
- Processing expectations for the topic as written in the draft 2.0 spec
- Notes and observations from the LwDITA spec editors.
The notes and observations section will look and report on the following:
- Feasibility of alignment without modifications
- Proposed changes to make the expectations LwDITA-compatible while preserving their effectiveness for DITA 2.0
- Proposed conditional processing recommendations to make the expectations LwDITA-compatible
- Major problems and discrepancies.
Most of the review will be conducted by the LwDITA spec editors, but in special cases we plan to contact experts from the HTML5 and Markdown communities for feedback and input on specific topics.
We are also aware that the multimedia domain components do not exist yet in the 2.0 draft, and we would gladly work with the 2.0 spec editors to draft the topics and achieve full alignment from day 1.
A proposed template for the analysis/report is posted on the following URL:https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LightweightDITASubcommittee/LwDITA-to-DITA2.0Mapping