Subject: DITA Stage 1 Proposal: Accommodations in DITA 2.0 for LwDITA

Colleagues,

I submit a DITA 2.0 stage 1 proposal, below, to accommodate referencing and processing of Lightweight DITA content in DITA 2.0.

If the TC approves to proceed, I would be pleased to champion this proposal.

-Alan

--
Alan Houser
Group Wellesley, Inc.

-----

DITA 2.0 Stage 1 Proposal
Accommodations in DITA 2.0 for LwDITA-conforming processors

The Lightweight DITA subcommittee envisions that DITA 2.0 processors may support referencing and processing of Lightweight DITA content (topics and maps in some or all LwDITA authoring formats) in DITA content collections. To accommodate this possibility, we propose to add attribute values to the appropriate element types in the DITA 2.0 specification and grammar files.

Proposed changes:

<topicref @format> - add enumerated values "hdita", "mdita", "xdita", "hditamap", "mditamap", and "xditamap".

<mapref @format> - add enumerated values "hditamap", "mditamap", and "xditamap".

Background: