Subject: Fwd: Committee note stylesheets

FYI

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Committee note stylesheets
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 10:06:17 -0500
From: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
To: Robert Anderson <robander@us.ibm.com>, Eliot Kimber <ekimber@contrext.com>

Hi, Robert and Eliot.

The latest code for the committee note stylesheets is in GitHub:
https://github.com/oasis-open/dita-stylesheets

There are two plug-ins:

  • org.oasis.committeeNote.pdf
  • org.oasis.committeeNote.xhtml

Here are the outstanding issues that I am aware of. Most of these are a result of the fact that code for generating the cover pages evolved over time -- as has the OASIS requirements. It might also be a good time to standardize the cover page generation with the spec plug-ins; although there will be stylistic variations between spec and committee note, I think the basic code for generating cover pages might be able to be identical.

Also, let's remove any code that applies only to HTML Help; unless we have to issue another DITA 1.3 errata, we NEVER will generate CHM again.

Let me know what questions you have. I'm sure that there will be lots!

Test content; I've been using the source files for the "Why Three Editions of DITA 1.3?" committee note. It exists in the committee note repo:
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita-committee-notes

HTML5 output

  • The browser window is populated with the title of the first DITA topic in the map, rather than the document title. OASIS wants the browser window to use a shortened version of the document title. (Note: The spec XHTML plug-in does this.)
  • We need to generate "Appendix" and an uppercase letter for the titles of rendered topics that are appendixes. Currently, they are correct in the TOC (Appendix A Acknowledgments and Appendix B Revision history), but in the actual body of the HTML, they simply read "Acknowledgements" and "Revision history."
  • ÂCurrently, all section titles in the cover pages use a font size of 100%; OASIS wants us to use the font sizes laid out in the following table.
  • At OASIS request, I removed indentation from lists (unordered and definition) on the cover pages; this has affected the body pages also. I'll have to look at the older PDFs and stylesheets to see what indentations we had in the body pages for lists.

PDF

  • The citation format in the cover page is indented; OASIS wants the content of the <dd> to be flush with the left margin.
  • Currently, all "section titles" in the cover pages use a font size of 12 pt. OASIS wants us to use the following font sizes:

  • Section
    Font size
    DITA markup
    This version