Subject: Fwd: Re: Plaintive plea for actual style specifications for OASIS publications

FYI

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 09:59:31 -0500
From: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
To: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
CC: Paul Knight <paul.knight@oasis-open.org>, G Ken Holman <gkholman@cranesoftwrights.com>, Dave Lemire <dave.lemire@g2-inc.com>

Rendering only. I think required content (conformance, introduction, keywords, etc) is a separate issue.

Here is a list of the information that i need in order to create (or update) stylesheets for the committee note. Ken, anything that you'd want to add? Or if I am being DITA-centric in what I need to know, please let me know.

  • Any differences between PDF and HTML output?
    • Example: For single-paged HTML output, the <title> element should contain document title. Question: Should this be shortened to be more useful as viewed in the browser tab?
    • Font sizes are better specified in PDF as points but in CSS as percentages
  • Basic settings that apply to entire document
    • Page size
    • Margin sizes and whether they are mirrored or not
  • Specifics for cover page:
    • Logo and where it should be placed. Font size, color, and weight for any static text-based content
    • Font size, font color, font weight, padding for each title, subtitle, and section title:
      • Document title and version
      • Level of committee note
      • Date of committee note
      • Specification URIs -- and should this be something else for committee notes? "Committee note URIs?"
        • This version
        • Next version
        • Latest version
      • Technical Committee
      • Chairs
      • Editors
      • Additional artifacts
      • Related work
      • Abstract
      • Status
      • Citation format
    • Content for each section
      • Font size?
      • Any indentation?
      • Font weight for any specific components?
      • Color and font weight for hyperlinks?
  • Fonts
    • What fonts are used?
    • Serif font =
    • San-serif font =
    • Monospace font =
    • What fallback fonts should be specified?
  • Headers
  • Footers
    • Which pages should footers appear on?
    • Font size, font color, font weight
    • Content to be included
    • How content should be arranged
    • Does the arrangement of content differ based on whether the page is an even or odd number?
    • Is there a line about the footer content? If so, what color and weight?
  • Body content
    • Basics:
      • Font
      • Line height
    • Header levels:
      • Font size, font color, and font weight
      • Is there any indentation?
      • Any lines above or below headers?
    • Lists: Should list items have indentation? If so, how much?
    • Tables: