Subject: Proposal for properties table

I took this one on a while ago because it seemed pretty simple and a nice usability thing to add to DITA 2.0:
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/123

Of course nothing is as easy as planned, so I'm looking for input from the broader TC before I write it up.

The problem today: the properties element is available today, but only as a child of the reference body (refbody) element. Ideally, it should be usable other places in the reference topic, such as in the reference syntax section (refsyn element) or in section itself.

Looking for input on the cost/benefit of two options:

Thoughts? I really only took this on because "hey, easy thing I can push forward", and I don't have a strong preference for one option over another.

Robert D. Anderson
DITA-OT lead and Co-editor DITA 1.3 specification
Marketing Services Center

E-mail: robander@us.ibm.com

11501 BURNET RD,, TX, 78758-3400, AUSTIN, USA
IBM