Subject: Fwd: Re: [dita] Stage one proposal: Allow <example> in same locations as <div>

Forwarding, since I meant to send this to the list.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 19:39:32 -0400
From: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
To: Scott Hudson <scott.hudson@jeppesen.com>

A related item might be to specify an "example" token for @type on <note>. Didn't we want to make some changes to @type on <note>?

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)

On 6/10/2019 7:05 PM, Scott Hudson wrote:

The content model for example is much too restrictive, limiting how and where content can be semantically marked as exemplary content. As a result, writers often hardcode paragraphs with "For example:â" or other non-semantic constructions.

By allowing <example> in more places, content can be properly tagged with the <example> semantic.

If there are too many models to change, we could also allow <example> within <div>.

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott

Voting member:

Boeing Data Standards Technical Advisory Board

OASIS DocBook TC (Secretary), Publishers SC (Chair)

OASIS DITA TC, Tech Comm SC, LwDITA SC, Learning Content SC (Secretary)

OASIS DITA Adoption TC

OASIS Augmented Reality in Information Products (ARIP) TC

Scott Hudson
Content Technology Strategist
Information and Knowledge Services
Jeppesen
A Boeing Company

ph:Â303.328.6228Â
Mobile :Â303.350.7934Âscott.hudson@jeppesen.com
55 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, COÂ 80112Âwww.jeppesen.com

This document contains only administrative, uncontrolled data under U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations.