Subject: Re: [dita] Implementing a constraint with the RNG expression of the DITA 1.3 standard

We should definitely have examples of RNG constraints.

The constraint modules shipped with DITA 1.3 demonstrate the general techniques.

But fundamentally it's the same as for DTDs: you override the base declarations of the patterns.

Note that the current (unreleased but committed) state of the RNG to DTD generator automatically translates RNG <notAllowed> into the equivalent DTD entity declaration overrides as required for wholesale constraint of things defined in commonElements or topic.mod. This makes defining this type of constraint much easier since it does a whole bunch of cutting and pasting for you and then automatically omits those things that you've marked as not allowed.

Should I ever be able to actually get this code a releasable state it will very convenient...

http://contrext.com