Subject: Re: Stage 3 proposing for issue #253: Indexing changes

Hi, Dawn. Thanks for your very thorough and excellent review. Here are responses to your comments:

  1. Page 6: Not sure if this is important, but the documentation element for indexterm and the one that was deleted for index-base both have a "Category: Miscellaneous elements" at the end. Does that belong here as well?
    <kje>I think we'll need to update the <a:documentation> elements in the RNG files AFTER we've frozen the content of the short descriptions and the ways that we group elements in the spec. Thanks for bringing this up, and I've added it to list of spec work items that we need to remember. I've also sent a note to the TC list</kje>
  2. Page 6: shouldn't there be a <a:documentation> element here to define the use of index-see-also, as you have with index-see?
    <kje>I've added one with some placeholder content.</kje>
  3. Page 8: I'm not sure why the <index-sort-as> was listed here as an asset to the translation, but should it be replaced by <sort-as>, rather than removed outright?
    <kje>I think we just just remove it; it's NOT an asset to translation. Also, I suspect that this short description will be edited before DITA 2.0 is released; it's way TOO LONG!</kje>
  4. Page 12: Various comments
    <kje>In the "Usage information": I've added the missing space. Many thanks for noticing that.</kje>

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)