Subject: RE: Possible rework of hazard statement domain

Thanks, Kris. Iâ??ve asked Applied if we can use some of their hazard statements as examples.

From: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 7:26 AM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org; Amber Swope <amber@ditastrategies.com>
Subject: Possible rework of hazard statement domain

Hi, Amber.

Just circling back on this one.

Do you happen to know what ANZI535.6 says about multiple images in a hazard statement?

Also, it looks as if the images in the rendered hazard statement correspond to the child elements of <hazardstatement>:

  • Left (yellow) image relates to either <typeofhazard> or <consequence>.
  • Right (blue) image related to <howtoavoid>.

<hazardstatement type="danger">
            <messagepanel>
                <typeofhazard>HAZARDOUS VOLTAGE</typeofhazard>
                <consequence>Contact may cause electric shock or burn.</consequence>
                <howtoavoid>Read and understand manual before servicing</howtoavoid>
            </messagepanel>
            <hazardsymbol href="">            <hazardsymbol href=""></hazardstatement>

We could consider allowing <hazardsymbol> WITHIN <typeofhazard>, <consequence>, and <howtoavoid> ...

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)