Subject: Re: [dita] Stage three: #29 Bookmap update -- Ready for TC consideration

Two other considerations here:

  • The TC hoped to include a new publication map for DITA 2.0. Whether or not we will manage to do this is an open question ...
  • Because we considered the design of bookmap to be fundamentally flawed, we did not want to redesign it. But because we know bookmap is used heavily, we wanted to add some critical functionality. This is the rationale for updating bookmap without breaking backwards compatibility.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)