Subject: Variable key text and link titles

I'm working through the changes to the alternative title proposal we discussed at this week's TC meeting, and I want to lay out some of the things we discussed and get some feedback.

Thus, it would be possible for a topicref to specify both 'key text' and a 'link title'.

<topicref keys="someKey" href="x.dita">
  <topicmeta>
    <linktitle>Link Title</linktitle>
    <keytext>Key Text</keytext>
  </topicmeta>
</topicref>

So given this topicref, what text should be used for key references?

<xref keyref="someKey"/>
<ph keyref="someKey"/>

I see a few options here:

Option #3 is essentially the DITA 1.x solution we have now. I know we discussed getting away from that, but given the issues with options 1 and 2, I'm questioning whether we actually should.

Thoughts?

Chris

The content of this email and any attached files are intended for the recipient specified in this message only. It may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party or rely on any of its contents, without the written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with deletion of the original message, any copies and all attachments, so that Oberon Technologies can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.