Subject: PDF stylesheets

Hi, Eric.

Sorry to be so slow to respond to this!

Yes, the plug-in is available for everyone to use. It is the org.oasis-open.pdf plug-in, available at https://github.com/oasis-open/dita-stylesheets

You can use it to generate three different types of PDF:

  • OASIS Specification
  • OASIS Committee Note
  • A generic DITA TC PDF

The generic PDF is what I used for the bookmap proposal, and I strongly encourage TC members to use it for their DITA 2.0 proposals. It uses all the same styles as the spec PDF, but it has a much simpler cover.

Like all PDF plug-ins, there is work to do. (Any volunteers?) You can see a backlog and list of completed work items at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/stylesheetBacklog

The plan has always been to make our stylesheets available for other TCs to use, and we are probably closer to being able to do that than ever before.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)