Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 21 January 2020 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems:
1. Kris will ping Dawn on her proposal for diagnostic element, and also update Carlos's proposal with new dates.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 21 January 2020
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Attendance:
Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Bill Burns, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Jim Tivy, Frank Wegmann

Business
========

1. Roll call
Regrets: Zoe Lawson, Dawn Stevens

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202001/msg00006.html (Harrison, 10 January 2020)
moved by Kris, 2nd by Bill, approved by TC

3. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals
[no updates]

4. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals
Vote
#292 simpletable update
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202001/msg00025.html (Eberlein, 20 January 2020)
Carlos moved, 2nd by Deb
[Carlos expressed appreciation to Kris for her help]
Voting results:
yes votes: 12 (Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Bill Burns, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois)
no votes 0
[Reviewers for next stage: Bill, Carsten]

5. DITA 2.0 terminology as glossary topics
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202001/msg00015.html (Doherty, 14 January 2020)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202001/msg00016.html (Hudson, 14 January 2020)

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202001/msg00017.html (Doherty, 16 January 2020)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202001/msg00019.html (Eberlein, 20 January 2020)
- Stan; we have great glossary technology, we should use it in the spec. Scott and I will standardize what we think it should be and submit it to TC.
- Scott; we use glossaries in my company's doc, so hoping to uncover what we might need for 2.0.
- Stan; we'll come back to TC with an outline of what we propose; goal is to keep identical content.
- Kris; from viewpoint of someone who's been deep in the spec, it might sound like a simpler task than it may turn out to be. There are terms in the spec that can be clearly/crisply defined, and other terms that really need a whole concept topic to describe.
- Stan; well, we'll figure it out as we go along; maybe the glossary entry for a complex term needs to be a sentence or two with a link to a concept topic? We'll bring our findings back to the TC as we go along.
- Kris; I have some topics I generated and put into a fairly 'gnarly' glossgroup topic, that holds the start of a laundry list of my thoughts on the subject. In general, coming back to the TC and spec editors with a proposed list of terms sounds very reasonable.
- Stan; fine
- Scott; ok
- Kris; also, please get the IBM style guide, which is what we use in editing the spec; it has good content on glossaries, not from DITA point of view, but very useful.
- Stan; that would be style vs. content.
- Kris; it's available on kindle and from deadtree... Any comments?
- Deb; I'd be interested in working on it
- Stan; I'll set up a meeting of the 3 of us and we'll work out a plan.

6. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DeadlinesDITA2.0

Stage two
(Stevens) New diagnostic element for troubleshooting (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/316)
14 January 2020: Proposal to reviewers (Hudson, Harrison)
- Kris; this has slipped...

(Evia) Column/row spanning in simpletable (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/292)
22 October 2019 05 November 2019 15 November 2019 (./) 10 December 2019: Submit to reviewers (Anderson, Kimber)
07 January 2020: Initial discussion by TC

- Kris; do we have a new date?
- Carlos; I'll let you know next week.

Stage three
(Nitchie) Loosen attribute specialization rules (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/15)
TBD

(Nitchie) Add titlealts elements to map (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/16)
10 December 2019: Revised stage two proposal to TC
- Kris; any updates?
- Chris; I'll plan to get back into this sometime this week; can give you an update next week.
- Kris; just before the break, you sent email to list clarifying issues, and Eliot responded. Anything new from that?
- Chris; we talked about splitting titlealts and linktext proposals, seems like a good idea.
- Kris; I half volunteered to take on linktext proposal, but health issues may impede that.

(Schengili-Roberts) Strong and em elements (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/107)
27 January 2020: Proposal to reviewers (Doherty, Evia)
- Keith; this is on track.

***ActionItem: Kris will ping Dawn on her proposal for diagnostic element, and also update Carlos's proposal with new dates.

7. Spec work completed
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/editorialWorkCompleted
- Kris; no updates; as soon as Robert is settled into his new job, we'll go back to work, and interact with glossary team.

8. Approved DITA 2.0 proposals
Working draft #07
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201912/msg00054.html (Eberlein, 18 December 2019)
Tally of approved proposals now included in first topic of PDF
[no updates]

9. Action items
[updates and changes to items only - see agenda for complete list]
Eliot: Test refactoring of grammar files; due 15 Aug COMPLETED
Eliot: Investigate issue re earningAggregationsTopicrefConstraintMod.xsd; due 15 Aug COMPLETED
28 May 2019:
Chris: Look at draft-comment in spec WD03, section 8.2.2.19, page 210 IN PROGRESS
Zoe: Clean up SVN, with guidance from Kris COMPLETED
Gershon Joseph: Summarize previous discussions about #28: New publication. Content in minutes and GitHub project card.
Robert: Handle updates regarding @encoding and nested fallback element for coderef, svgref, and mathmlref elements COMPLETED
Gershon: Consider where in troubleshooting topic we might want to add draft-comment, if there are any
- Kris; Gershon, when might we see action on your 2 items?
- Gershon; I should be able to work on them next week, so move dates one month out to end of Feb.
- Kris; great.

Other discussion:
- Carlos; I have a weird request; for a DITA person who speaks Spanish; I doing an intro to a panel in Spanish, and we need a moderator.
- Kris; what about Noz Urbina?
- Gershon; or Julio?
- Carlos; Julio's Spanish isn't at that level, but Noz could do it, if he's available...
- Kris; post to dita-users?
- Carlos; what about Rudolpho? And I'm wary about being too specific in a posting.
- Kris; the posting doesn't have to be exactly what it's about with all the details; you might turn up unexpected people.
- Carlos; good idea...

- Kris; the agenda is out for DITA/NA; how many TC members will be present? who's presenting at DITA/NA? at Journeys?
[Kris, Gershon, Scott, Stan, Carsten, Deb, Robert, & Bob Thomas are all presenting at one or the other.]
- Kris; I'm presenting a 'look back at DITA' and moderating the 'overview of 2.0' panel.

close at 11:30

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 21 January 2020

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison