Subject: Re: [dita] Updated Draft of Stage Three Proposal "Add strong and em/Redefine b and i"

Thanks for setting me straight Kris. All this time I thought I had somehow missed something in terms of the formatting for the stage three template, rather than not being in-synch with the draft 2.0 spec. My bad.

Please ignore this draft then. Time allowing I will see if I can update it with the new material for b and i before the meeting.

Cheers!

Quoting Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>:

Hi, Keith.

I think you've sent an old/back-level proposal to the TC. Your
proposal does not reference DITA 2.0 content for the <b> and       <i>
topics, instead it contains DITA 1.3 content. For       example, just
touching on the existing short descriptions:

CURRENT <B> SHORTDESC (AS EXISTS IN THE GITHUB REPO)
Bold text is used to draw a reader's attention to a phrase without
otherwise adding meaning to the content.

CURRENT <B> SHORTDESC (IN YOUR PROPOSAL)

The <b> element is typically used to apply bold       highlighting to the
content of the element. This element is part       of the highlighting
domain. Use this element only when a more       semantically appropriate
element is not available. For example,       for specific items such as GUI
controls, use the <uicontrol>       element.

This is the same issue that we had the last time you submitted       this
stage three proposal ...

OASIS Distinguished Contributor
www.eberleinconsulting.com[1]
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)