OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - OASIS DITA TC Meeting Minutes 10 March 2020 uploaded

Submitter's message
Submitter's message
1. Kris to ping Dawn on status of proposal for new diagnostic element
2. Chris Nitchie to send info on processing order to the list.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 10 March 2020
Recorded by Scott Hudson
link to agenda for this meeting:

Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Scott Hudson, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Frank Wegmann, Zoe Lawson, Carsten Brenneke, Chris Nitchie, Robert Anderson, Dawn Stevens


1. Roll call
Regrets: Nancy Harrison, Gershon Joseph, Carlos Evia, Deb Bissantz

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
03 March 2020
? https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202003/msg00014.html (Harrison, 09 March 2020)
moved by Kris, 2nd by Eric, approved by TC

3. Announcements

4. Action items
[No new updates - see agenda for complete list]

5. DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
a. Change Chris Nitchie's deadline to Mar 23

b. Keith created proposal for fastpath value (Robert to create ticket)
Stan, Frank, Zoe to review by Monday, Mar 16

c. Robert Anderson to replace Bill Burns as reviewer for Column/Row spanning proposal
d. Chris Nitchie might need some help on Loosen attribute specialization rules proposal. Robert offered to help.

6. Suggested DITA 2.0 dates
No new proposals/no revision to existing proposals: 23 March 2020
All proposals completed: 30 June 2020

Scott suggests 1 APR date, to allow more time for feedback. Unfortunately, any new proposal has only a few months to make it through the entire process before the June deadline.

Lots of editing work and reviews are needed to get a potential release in 2021. Kris to ask for commitment to deadlines at next meeting.

7. Summary of DITA 2.0 triage
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202003/msg00018.html (Eberlein, 10 March 2020)

New owners for:
? Remove machinery task topic and domain (Zoe Lawson - with promised help and pointers)
? New element for key text (Kris Eberlein)

Move to Spec edit task
? Decide what 2.0 shells will contain (if removing domains, needs proposal, but might be handled in Spec editing)

Zoe to work on hardware domain this week. Keith and Scott offer to help.

Mandate processing order - does impact interoperability and is a potentially troublesome issue for implementers. Also backward compatibility issues.
Chris willing to look at processing order, Robert has DITA-OT processing order, Eliot also has a write-up. Will keep on TC agenda for a few more weeks to discuss.
Robert isn?t sure there is a realistic way to implement.

New publication map - might be too big to get done in 2.0 timeframe. Potential to also be controversial, but no reason that it couldn't be added in a later rev.
Move to backlog. Can still be worked on regardless of priority level.

Redesign subjectScheme - also too big to get done in 2.0 timeframe and could be done in 2.1.
Move to backlog.

Classification domain and document type: remove or retain? If removed, makes subjectScheme more about controlled values than taxonomy. Possibly separate like Learning and Training? SuiteSolutions uses it in their implementations. DITA-OT isn't using it OOB. Taxonomy mgmt is largely being done by an outside tool.

-- Mr. Scott Hudson
Document Name: OASIS DITA TC Meeting Minutes 10 March 2020

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 10 March 2020
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Scott Hudson
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2020-03-10 09:07:03

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]