OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 23 June 2020 uploaded

Submitter's message
1. Kris will email Chris about proposal #15 to loosen @ specialization rules.
2. Kris will work with Zoe on constraints for doc type shells wrt proposal #257 hardware domain.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 23 June 2020
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Nancy Harrison, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegmann, Scott Hudson, Jim Tivy


1. Roll call
Regrets: Carlos Evia, Gershon Joseph

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
16 June 2020
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202006/msg00014.html (Harrison, 16 June 2020)
moved by Kris, 2nd Zoe, approved by TC

3. Announcements - none

4. Action items
[updates only; see agenda for complete list]
17 February 2020
Kris: Correct the example topic for "Key definition with key reference" COMPLETED
Kris: Set up call with Alan Houser, Frank Wegmann, and Nancy Harrison to go over DITAweb admin COMPLETED
09 June 2020
Kris: Send feedback to Zoe about stage 2 hardware control domain proposal COMPLETED
Kris: Review Dawn's diagnostic proposal COMPLETED
16 June 2020:
Kris: Update 2.0 proposal deadlines page COMPLETED

5. Check-in: How are people doing in this difficult time?
[gen'l discussion; no official business]

6. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
[updates only]
Stage two
(Zoe et al) Hardware domain (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/257)
19 May 2020: Early feedback from TC
23 June 2020: Initial discussion by TC
[see agenda item #7]

(Kimber) Deprecate or remove copy-to attribute (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/33)
(./) Due 05 October 2019
(./) 08 October 2019: Initial discussion by TC
27 April 2020: Revised version to TC
- Kris; can we get a new deadline for this?
- Eliot; unless I can work on it during weekends, August is soonest.
- Kris; before covid, we had talked about having proposals by end june; that clearly wnon't happen, we may need to go to end of august, but we should talk about it next week.
- Eliot; my project should ease up by the end of July

Stage three
(Nitchie) Loosen attribute specialization rules (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/15)
26 May 2020: Early feedback from TC
? 2020: Submit to reviewers
? 2020: Initial TC discussion
? 2020: Vote by TC
***ActionItem: Kris will email Chris about this proposal.

(Lawson) Remove machinery task and task requirements domain (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/350)
? 2020: Submit to reviewers
? 2020: Initial TC discussion
? 2020: Vote by TC
- Kris; Zoe, how is this going?
- Zoe; I need to learn how to set up Oxygen to do this.
- Kris; I'll help; Robert, can you be a backup?
- Robert; ok
- Zoe; trying to balance between wanting to learn how to do everything myself, and getting the work done.

7. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals
Initial discussion
Hardware domain
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202006/msg00018.html (Lawson, 23 June 2020)
- Zoe; thx to everyone for help. This came up because I needed special formatting around when I pressed a keyboard button. The new domain will go into TechComm profile. It contains 2 elements; hardwarecontrol (from ph) and partnumber (from keyword); partnumber can also be a child of hardwarecontrol. No special typing within hardwarecontrol, but the examples show how to use @outputclass to distinguish between buttons (discrete actions)and levers (actions on a continuum).
- Kris; we also talked about whether we wanted to put constraints in the doc shells
- Zoe; to limit stuff that gets inherited?
- Kris; I beileve so; Robert, do you remember this?
- Robert; not certain...
- Zoe; I think only note I have on this is 'Kris wil help with constraints.'
- Kris; I wonder if we captured in minutes what should get constrained, and why. I suspect it was because you can nest ph, so everythihng in ph would be in hardware control. I would like the proposal to have a paragraph in it about what we thought about constraints. I'd be happy to help you craft that paragraph.
***ActionItem: Kris will work with Zoe on constraints for doc type shells wrt this proposal.
- Scott; so the classification of hardwarecontrol will be done through @outputclass?
- Zoe; yes, we found that using @s to do that would be complicated right now.
- Eliot; could also easily use specializaton to get that.
- Scott; just wondering about out of the box...
- Zoe; do I need something more specific about using @outputclass to type the controls?
- Eliot; it's a basic DITA facility; its use here isn't different from standard use.
- Kris; so no, you don't need to do that.
- Eliot; I'm wondering about partnumber; seems sort of a non-sequitor, but I guess it's a 'hardware' domain rather than a 'hardwarecontrol' domain, so it's two parts to hardware; a control, and a part number. It seems a bit sparse; for any hardware work, I would want to do so much more specialization...
- Kris; we looked ar general reqs and use cases; we wanted the most basic elements. Everyone's reqs are so different that everyone with anythihng past the simplest cases will need to specialize. But this meets the broad case that people are using.
- Eliot; ok
- Kris; we spent a lot of time on this; we didn't want to create something that was more elaborate but didn't really serve purpose
- Kris; so are we ready to vote next week? any objections?
[no objections; vote next week]

8. New ability to test out DITA 2.0 document types
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202004/msg00021.html (Anderson, 28 April 2020)
- Robert; the latest release of toolkit (3.5/3.5.1) has latest version of 2.0 grammar files (though they're not the default, since 2.0 isn't out yet). If you put the correct version in your files, 2.0 docs will build. We've made a few updates for 2.0, and it's also updated to handle the change in @domains. But if you're doing 2.0 work, just by getting the latest toolkit, you can test your work

11:28 ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 23 June 2020

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2020-06-23 09:08:15

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]