Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 6 October 2020 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 13 October 2020
Recorded by Deb Bissantz
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Minutes 6 October 2020

1. Roll call
Zoe Lawson, Dawn Stevens, Kris Eberlein, Eliot Kimber, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Robert Anderson, Carsten Brennecke, Scott Hudson, Frank Wegmann, Carlos Evia, Deb Bissantz
Regrets: Gershon Joseph, Stan Doherty

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202010/msg00010.html (Lawson, 06 October 2020)
Frank 2nd, approved as submitted and revised

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202009/msg00050.html (Harrison, 30 September 2020)
Dawn 2nd, approved as submitted

3. Announcements

Carlos Evia's podcast about LwDITA: https://room42.castos.com/episodes/intelligent-content-for-everyone
Liz Fraley has new podcast series. Not well promoted. Conversation focused on DITA standard and LwDITA. He was expecting academic side of his profession.
Kris listened and enjoyed. Kris encourages us to listen.

Frank: His company has been attacked by malware. He is not able to receive email until situation is resolved. If we need to send message to him, he can provide a private address. Home VPN access has been shut down.

Keith: Presentation at Adobe DITA World. Update on number of companies using DITA, increased to 757.

Kris: Presentation at Adobe DITA World on Thurs.

4. Action items

28 May 2019: Eberlein sent "nag e-mail" on 14 October 2019 about these three action items
Kris and Robert: Revise content and run it by Eliot (Draft-comment in spec WD03, section 3.3.3, page 37) COMPLETED

Robert: Take an initial look at fixing this (Draft-comment in spec WD03, section 3.4.4, page 52) COMPLETED

Chris Kris: Look at draft-comment in spec WD03, section 8.2.2.19, page 210 IN PROGRESS

Robert/Kris: Work on remaining stylesheet issues; see https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/stylesheetBacklog . IN PROGRESS

Kris: Develop strawman schedule for DITA 2.0 work in 2020 In PROGRESS

Carlos: Develop review schedule for !LwDITA spec
Kris: Talk to Zoe about rev marking with TC-styled PDF COMPLETED

Kris: Provide content to Zoe for 08 September 2020 minutes COMPLETED

Kris: Revise stage 2 and 3 proposals for issue #315 "Add multimedia elments to base" COMPLETED

Kris or Robert: Respond to Radu's e-mail on dita-comment; update source
--- Robert will respond to Radu and update spec

NEW - 06 October 2020
Kris to update troubleshooting.mod diagnostics.content and remove extraneous ? - Figure 1 on page 4 of PDF (reported by Eliot)

5. Check-in: How are people doing in this difficult time? How is your state/country doing?

6. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DeadlinesDITA2.0

Eliot sent proposal to reviewers on Oct 3. Dawn and Eric will return comments by next Monday or sooner. Are others interested in reviewing proposal? No response.

7. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals

Vote
Issue #372 "Remove data-about
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202009/msg00041.html (Anderson, 25 September 2020)
Robert moved to vote to move to stage 3, Eliot 2nd.

Zoe Lawson, Dawn Stevens, Kris Eberlein, Eliot Kimber, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Robert Anderson, Carsten Brennecke, Scott Hudson, Frank Wegmann, Carlos Evia, Deb Bissantz - all yes

Revised issue #351 "Add multimedia elements to base"
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202010/msg00004.html (Eberlein, 02 October 2020)
Reopened to change @type to @format. Chris N reviewed, no comments.
Kris moved to move to approve, Robert 2nd

Zoe Lawson, Dawn Stevens, Kris Eberlein, Eliot Kimber, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Robert Anderson, Carsten Brennecke, Scott Hudson, Frank Wegmann, Carlos Evia, Deb Bissantz - all yes

8. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals

Vote
Revised issue #351 "Add multimedia elements to base"
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202010/msg00004.html (Eberlein, 02 October 2020)
Kris moved to approve, Dawn 2nd,

Zoe Lawson, Dawn Stevens, Kris Eberlein, Eliot Kimber, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Robert Anderson, Carsten Brennecke, Scott Hudson, Frank Wegmann, Carlos Evia, Deb Bissantz - all yes

Initial discussion
#316 "Diagnostics element"
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202010/msg00013.html (Stevens, 06 October 2020)

Dawn overview: Reminder to enhance troubleshooting topic to add a troubleshooting diagnostic section when there re more than one cause for a particular situation and choose the appropriate remedy for problem. The section can provide step-by-step diagnostics or steps information, regular content in diagnostic general. Reviewed by Eric and Nancy.
Eliot in troubleshooting.mod diagnostics.content found an extraneous ? - Figure 1 on page 4 of PDF. The corresponding RNG seems correct. Would not affect DTD.
IN example that shows diagnostics refers to a table, don't we already have a table? Kris - This is kind of the purpose of this new element. Eric - Are you thinking of Choice table? Eliot - Maybe Kris - that isi very specific to task type. Eliot was thinking we has something more specific. In DITA 1.3 we did as some element very specific for troubleshooting to task. Perhaps that is what you were thinking about. Eliot in terms of the structure theis looks good.

Kris - recommend we update the extraneous ? ACTION - Kris to update and post to list. We will vote next week.

9. DITA, where art thou: A retrospective from the OASIS DITA Technical Committee
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202010/msg00015.html (Eberlein, 06 October 2020)

Kris presenting her ConVEx presentation at Adobe DITA world. Asking for comments for modifications to presentation for a different audience.

Kris will clarify that DITA is an architecture. Realizes most attendees might have been introduced to DITA from tools, such as Adobe Experience Manager. Review PDF attached to email. Her presentation is the last time on the last day. Will ask if we could have another slot in the future. The DITA TC has had the last slot on the last day for the last three years.

10. Spec work completed
Robert - update on spec work. Made some little updates to the tech comm so we can generate output. The spec has attribute sections for most elements. Robert and Kris have split the element base into two parts So they can get this out for TC reviews. Kris found 6-7 problem topics. They will be ready to rev up DITA Web again to start review of base topics, maybe later this month.

End of formal agenda -

Additional items -

Carlos - The most recent issue of the CIDM newsletter article, "Are we living in a post-DITA world." Kris, if you get a chance to read article, it might give you a different perspective on the evolution of DITA. The article does not address feedback after presentation from conference last year. Dawn - I think it is in Best Practices. Dawn will forward to Kris.

Zoe - Would like to know if anybody would be interested to help with the migration document. Kris - that is a good point based on our discussions around a committee note. Kris did request an OASIS committee note template for a smaller document that she started drafting. Zoe, are you wiling to be a co-editor on the smaller note. They might have a draft of that note available later this week. Eliot volunteered to help with the migration document. Zoe had a draft, but didn't know hot to move forward. Kris - once we have the proposals finished, it will be easier to move forward with the migration documentation.

Meeting adjourned 11:40 am ET

Deb Bissantz

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 6 October 2020

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison