Subject: Re: [dita] More cleanup items for 2.0? "Other" attributes on audience

If they are no longer enumerated, I don't see any reason why we need them.

Scott Hudson

Staff Content Engineer, Product Content Engineering

cidimage002.png@01D6302F.3A6EE2B0 | docs.servicenow.com

From: <dita@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Robert Anderson <robert.dan.anderson@oracle.com>
Date: Friday, October 16, 2020 at 3:10 PM
To: "dita@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

[External Email]

In DITA 1.0 and 1.1, the following attributes had enumerated values:

audience/@type

audience/@job

The spec defined two âotherâ attributes for use when the enumeration didnât have your value:

audience/@otherjob

audience/@othertype

In DITA 1.2 the enumerations went away, and those attributes havenât really made sense since that point. However, nobody noticed and they werenât deprecated.

Our DITA 1.3 language still (incorrectly) states that these attributes are enumerated and the âotherâ attributes can be used:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/errata02/os/complete/part1-base/langRef/base/audience.html

I was cleaning that up during my edits to this topic, and started wondering if we could take this chance to get rid of othertype and otherjob?

Thanks,

Robert