Subject: Re: [dita] Issue 33, remove @copy-to: Updated Stage 2 Proposal

Nice proposal.
It would be nice to address these different topic renditions in the
same map without the use of keys.

From your example:
<topicref href="topic_a.dita" keys="topic_a-use-02" >
 <topicmeta>
 <navtitle>Topic A Second Use</navtitle>
 <resourceid appid="topic.A2"/>
 </topicmeta>
 </topicref>

You have to generate a unique key name as well as a unique resourceid appid.
Why not just use the unique appid as the rendition id without the use of a key.

Perhaps something like this would avoid the requirement of keys:
<xref href="../b/oil.xml" resourceid="use3" />

<topicref href="oil.xml">
  <topicmeta>
      <resourceid appid="use2">
  <topicmeta>
<topicref href="oil.xml">
  <topicmeta>
      <resourceid appid="use3">
  <topicmeta>

In this case the primary identifier is the href ../b/oil.xml but the
rendition selector is in the resourceid - "use3 being the appid".