Subject: Re: [dita] Issue 33, remove @copy-to: Updated Stage 2 Proposal

I'm not sure what you mean by "However current text in the Spec talks about a key being a
    definition of a URI."

A key provides a unique name for *a topicref*. A topicref represents a resource, which may be one of three possible things:

1. A DITA topic or map (a "DITA resource")
2. A non-DITA thing (an image, an external Web site, etc.)
3. Text with no associated URI-addressed resource

The first two things are addressed by URI, so for those things, a key is effectively an name bound to a URI, but it's really a name bound to the *resource* addressed by that URI.

The third thing is just a resource with no URI

http://contrext.com