OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 26 January 2021 uploaded

Submitter's message
1. Kris will contact Chris about his 2 proposals.
2. Robert will respond to Chris P wrt his comment/question about instantiating a shared bookmap from multiple profiled wrapper maps

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 26 January 2021
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Eliot Kimber, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegmann, Jim Tivy


1. Roll call
Regrets: Zoe Lawson, Carsten Brennecke

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
12 January 2021
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202101/msg00010.html (Harrison, 18 January 2021)
moved by Kris, 2nd Dawn, approved by TC

3. Announcements

4. Action items
[updates only, see agenda for complete list]
12 January 2021
Kris: Update calendar Zoom link COMPLETED
Robert and Eric: Review proposal #33 COMPLETED
Chris: Send specialization proposal to Nancy
Frank, Nancy, Dawn, Gerson: Summarize comments about charter
Everyone: Review Chet's template for TC charters
- Kris; no work so far on charter...
- Gershon; in last week's minutes, I suggested instead of starting with comments, start with the new template.
- Kris; charter is on the agenda today, we can take it up today; I'm hoping folks have looked at template, but if not, will do today.

5. Check-in: How are people doing in this difficult time? How is your state/country doing?
[no official business discussed]

6. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
[updates only; see above link for complate list]
Stage two
(Kimber) Deprecate or remove copy-to attribute (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/33)
(./) 26 January 2021: Initial TC discussion
? 2021: TC vote
- Kris; this is on the agenda today
[see agenda item #8]

Stage three
(Nitchie) Add title alts to map (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/16)
(./) 06 December 2020: Proposal to reviewers (Anderson, Eberlein, Wegmann)
? 2021: Initial TC discussion
? 2021: TC vote
(Nitchie) Loosen attribute specialization rules (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/15)
(./) 25 August 2020: Early draft feedback received from all reviewers
? : Submit to reviewers
? 2021: Initial TC discussion
? 2021: Vote by TC
***ActionItem; Kris will contact Chris about his 2 proposals.

7. instantiating a shared bookmap from multiple profiled wrapper maps
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/202101/msg00000.html (Chris Papademetrious, 14 January 2021)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/202101/msg00001.html (Chris Papademetrious, 14 January 2021)
- Kris; I think this is a feature we've put in 2.0; the issue is addressed by mapresources.
- Eliot; I had some discussion with Chris P about this. His requirement is that he has bookmaps, to which he wants to statically apply ditavals. In 1.3, you can't do that within bookmap, so he wants functionally that allows the same as specifying ditavalref at runtime, which his system doesn't allow. What he wants doesn't really fit with DITA architecture; if you have a root map, the design sets the title to be the title of publication; if you wrap it with another amp, that's broken.
- Robert; it's not exactly addressed by what we're putting in 2.0; he wants to use this to get around his own processor's limitation. Most systems have ways to do that, but not his, so he's trying to get a hack to support his system.
- Kris; how do you recommend we respond?
- Robert; my original response was only based on his comment; Eliot has confirmed my understanding of this; the answer to his question is 'no' and won't change in 2.0; he's asking for something that already exists, his solution is to get his processor fixed.
***ActionItem: Robert will respond to Chris P

8. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals
Initial discussion
Issue #33 Remove copy-to
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/68196/Issue33-DeprecateOrRemoveCopyTo.pdf (Kimber, 26 January 2021)
- Eliot; [changes to prop since last iteration]
1. I changed name of added new @; had been called @resourcetype, now @appid-role, to say what kind of thing this resourceid is to be used for, It allows user-defined values as well as 2 spec-defined values, deliverable-anchor and context-sensitive-help, to dissuade people from putting relative paths in the @appid-role value.
2. refined the description to clarify role of @appid-role value is part of uri, changed writeup to make it clear that wan't my intent
- added more language around what use of @appid-role is and what it should be used for; it's the last component of a path, not intended to specify larger part of a path.
- per Robert's suggestion, moved second example to first example, shows use of resourceid, also clarified all the examples.
- Kris; comments?
- Gershon; I read thru propsal, generally looks good, perhaps some slight wording tweaks to put in spec.
- Kris; Robert reviewed this proposal, who else?
- Eliot; Nancy and Eric,
- Kris; i'd change the names of reviewers to be the people who reviewed this time around.
- Robert; and change my affiation from IBM...
- Eliot; so I'll remove Kris and Chris from the review list, and add Eric, change Robert's company to Oracle.
- Robert; getting it away from 'uri' is good since it's not a uri; there's also still a mention of how details should be worked out in chunking proposals, but chunking is done and gone, so... I think some of it has been handled by the change from 'uri' to 'anchor'; so it allows most of changes that would be needed for chunking.
- Kris; wrt the section on producing migration docs, it says we need a CN for this. So we want to surface that; who on TC would be interested in working ont that CN?
- Eliot; me, for sure.
- Deb; I'm interested in reviewing/helping
- Kris; we need to have an auxiliary author, we need plainer language than is in this proposal.
- Eliot; point well taken.
- Kris; vote next week? any objections?
[none; stage 2 vote next week]

9. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals
[no updates]
- Kris; only ones left are Chris's; he got the alternate title proposal to reviewers last week; I'll return it this week.
- Robert; I'll get it back to him by next week.

10. Continuing: TC charter
Charter: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/dita/charter.php
Info from OASIS about charters: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202101/msg00004.html
Stevens and Joseph comments: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202101/msg00005.html
Harrison comments: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202101/msg00006.html
Wegmann comments: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202101/msg00007.html
- Kris; not much progress so far...
- Gershon; I'll try to get a draft out in next 2/3 days
- Kris; can we check in on it in one week?
- Gershon; better to give it 2 weeks, since DITA Adoption TC meets next week; if Adoption TC continues to exist, it's charter needs to correlate with our DITA TC charter.
- Dawn; I agree
- Kris; so it will be back on agenda in two weeks.

- Kris; we need liaison reports from LwD SC or Adoption TC
- Kris; Dawn, how did the call for submissions to the conference work out?
- Dawn; I don't know yet, still working out things. I'm holding the expectation that I can come back here and get help. Based on last year, the main stage was best attended, so we'll have a panel from this group for that. will ask for help about holes.
- Kris; Carlos, LwD?
- Carlos; we're working on being good and respecting the 'no more features' mandate, so I'm policing tha situation. Michael P is drafting a statement on what to do with HTML, i.e., what to do when you encounter elements that aren't allowed in MDITA or HDITA. looking at current state of 2.0 so we can incorporate everything relevant to LwD. Alan is in charge of doing web reviews. We'll meet with him next week to build. We'd also love internal reviews; Frank has volunteered, and we want to have him help. We'll have drills every other Monday so we can work on things and bring them back to TC.
- Kris; Frank, you volunteered?
- Frank; right, it will be a learning experience; I'm working with Jennifer Schlotfeldt??? from IBM.
- Kris; it's great to here that work is progressing on LwD. Thanks.
- Kris; what about the Adoption TC?
- Keith; we have an existential debate as to whethr or not we should exist; the question is more; is what we're doing useful enough? and/or is it material the TC should be doing? So that's our discussion next week, we're hoping to get input from as many of us as possible. Chet's charter email is a chance to do some soul searching and figure out what to do. In other news, we have some ongoing efforts while we're dealing with our decision on wheher or not to continue; we got 3 new members from Precision Content, who want to help out; if we can bring them on board, either there or here, that would be good.

11:57 noon ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 26 January 2021

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2021-02-02 00:32:54

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]