Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 9 February 2021 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems: no new action items

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 9 February 2021
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Attendance:
Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Chris Nitchie, Eric Sirois, Frank Wegmann, Jim Tivy

Business
========

1. Roll call
Regrets: Dawn Stevens

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202102/msg00010.html (Harrison, 03 February 2021)
moved by Kris, 2nd Frank, approved by TC
[as fixed to add Zoe, who was there]

3. Announcements
none

4. Action items
[updates only, see agenda for complete list]
Frank, Nancy, Dawn, Gerson: Summarize comments about charter
Everyone: Review Chet's template for TC charters
- Kris; what should we do next about this?
[small group will try for next week, and we'll have a discussion of it next week regardless.]

5. Check-in: How are people doing in this difficult time? How is your state/country doing?
[no official business discussed]

6. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DeadlinesDITA2.0
[updates only; see above link for complate list]

Stage three
(Nitchie) Add title alts to map (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/16)
09 February 2021: TC vote
[agenda item #7 below]

(Nitchie) Loosen attribute specialization rules (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/15)
? 2021: Initial TC discussion
? 2021: Vote by TC
- Kris; any thoughts on this? There's been some discussion on the list.
- Chris; There seems to be some consensus on how to handle the nomenclature.
- Kris; any sense of a schedule? I'm happy to help with it starting in March.
[Nancy & Eliot have volunteered as well, but Eliot needs to work on copy-to first.]

(Kimber) Deprecate or remove copy-to attribute (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/33)
?: Proposal to reviewers (Anderson, Sirois)
?: Initial discussion by TC
?: TC vote
- Kris; do you have a guessimate on when this might get to reviewers?
- Eliot; the question is around what time is in my queue; I should be able to start on it this weekend.
- Kris; if you can start this weekend, you can get a sense of the amount of work involved in finidhing it, so I'll ask you again next week.

7. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals
Vote
Title-alts
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202101/msg00020.html (Nitchie, 31 February 2021)
Chris moved to accept this, 2nd by Eliot
Voting results:
yes votes 14 (Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Chris Nitchie, Eric Sirois, Frank Wegmann)
no votes 0

Other;
- Kris; Dawn isn't here, but anyone presenting at ComVEx?
- Zoe; I'll be doing one on going from DITA to JSON.
- Frank; I'll be doing one on transclusion.
- Zoe; and will there be a DITA roundtable?
- Kris; I have that question as well. The one we did last year worked very well.
- Eliot; I've asked for permission to do a presentation on what we're using DITA for at the gov't accountability office, but the wheels turn very slowly, so I'm not sure I'll get permission in time to do the presentation; we're also waiting to see if we'll get the next contract...
- Kris; I know the feeling, I'm in that boat wrt Adobe.

11:26 am ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 9 February 2021

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison