Subject: Starting point for a brainstorm about DITA TC charter

I think it would be fruitful to brainstorm about the following sections of the charter. Please note that I do not want us to attempt to write as a committee, simply to brainstorm.

Audience

Who are the organizations and people who participate (or should participate)?

Deliverables

What work does the TC produce? This can be specifications, committee notes, schemas, models, glossaries, requirements documents, according to the OASIS template.

Scope

What is in (and out) of scope? OASIS reminds us to focus on the "what" not the "how".

Business benefits

Who are the stakeholders and the benefits that they receive? OASIS suggests identifying specific industries, verticals, types of professionals ...

Statement of purpose

What are the problems and challenges that exist? How does the work of the TC addresses theses issues?

OASIS Distinguished Contributor
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)