Subject: Re: [dita] Shall we do a DITA 2.0 Webinar for vendors?

I think this is a very good idea, Kris. Personally, I have only few contacts to vendors, but got the impression that, if they are not exclusively focused on XML in general and DITA in particular, they are not particularly aware of DITA 2.0 or what implications it might have on their products given the compatibility issue.

However I‘d suggest that we wait until the last stage 3 proposals are through the pipeline, even if that might take another month and only details are subject to change. This way, you can start the initiative with the bold standing that the language has been defined.  I think you could already spread the word on such an initiative at ConVEx when the time for the actual conference has come.

f.

Från: dita@lists.oasis-open.org <dita@lists.oasis-open.org> för Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
Skickat: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 2:40:15 PM
Till: DITA TC <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
Ämne: [dita] Shall we do a DITA 2.0 Webinar for vendors?

I'm wondering if now might be a good time to do a Webinar about DITA 2.0
targeted at vendors. I think it would be good to get companies thinking
early about modifications to their product that will need to be made to
to support DITA 2.0.

If we explicitly set the audience as product owners, lead architects,
etc., we'd get the right people on the call -- which hopefully would
lead to good conversation, questions, and maybe some useful feedback for
us about things we need to think about.

OASIS Distinguished Contributor
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)