OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 18 May 2021 uploaded

Submitter's message
1. Kris will update Keith with vendor list we came up with. Keith will go over list against his lists and see if there were any missing ones.
2. Kris will look at LwD grammar files for xdita
3. Kris will do some samples of use case/example/vendor impact slides. if eveyone can do a slide or two, that would help.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 18 May 2021
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Gershon Joseph, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Chris Nitchie, Eric Sirois, Frank Wegmann, Jim Tivy


1. Roll call
Regrets: Scott Hudson, Dawn Stevens

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
04 May 2021 2021
11 May 2021 2021
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00018.html (Harrison, 13 May 2021)
(Harrison, 11 May 2021)
Correction https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00021.html (Wegmann, 17 May 2021)
Moved by Kris, 2nd by Frank, approved by TC

3. Announcements

4. Action items
[updates only; see agenda for completee list]
11 May 2021:
Keith: Go over vendor list and see if we missed any critical companies
Kris: Send blurb to list that folks can use in publicizing Webinar
- Kris; will do that today or tomorrow.
- Keith; what exactly was I supposed to do?
- Kris; will send email with info.
***ActionItem: Kris will update Keith with vendor list we came up with. Keith will go over list against his lists and see if there were any missing ones.
- Keith; got it

5. Check-in: How are people doing in this difficult time? How is your state/country doing?
[no official business discussed]

6. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
[updates only; see link for complete data]

Stage three

(Nitchie, Eberlein) Loosen attribute specialization rules (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/15)
(./) 04 May 2021: Yet more early feedback requested by Eberlein
(./) 14 May 2021: Submit to reviewers (Anderson, Kimber, Nitchie)
(./) 17 May 2021: Feedback provided by Anderson and Nitchie
25 May 2021: Initial TC discussion ??
01 June 2021: Vote by TC ??
- Kris; one left, I got out to revierewers and got feedback from Robert and Chris; will put in feedback and have it for discussion next week. Eliot, will you be providing feedback?
- Eliot; I'll try to get to it this week.
- Kris; if you can get it to me today or tomorrow, I'll deal with it; if not, I'm not sure I can get it in. I worked in all of the easy comments, & put others in as draft-comments. Thx to both reviewers for solid comments.

7. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals
[no updates]

8. NEW Question about overlapping markup from DITA 1.2 and DITA 1.3
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00026.html (Anderson, 18 May 2021)
- Robert; this is about 2 places where we have 2 sets of markup doing sme thing.
1. In 1.3, we had a feature to add new elements as avtitle element for @navtitle.replacements for attributes holding translateable text, e.g., navtitle for @navtitle. So we added longquoteref inside of lq, to replace lq/@reftitle. But this was missed in the original proposal, and added during editing, which might be why lq/@reftitle was not marked deprecated with the others, though it should have been. So, should we removeit?
- Kris; what are linking @s on longquote
- Robert; all usual ones
- Kris; so in ideal world, lq/@reftitle + would have been deprecated on lq and its value put on longquoteref.
- Kris; i'd favor treating all the @s on lq as deprecated and removing them from 2.0
- Eliot; I agree.
- Robert; longquoteref serves the linking, but is empty, it doesn't allow for @reftitle, its empty.
- Eliot; would we need a proposal to make that change?
- Robert; this clearly requires more thought...
- Kris; maybe we could shorten the proposal process, where we're trying to do cleanup.
- Robert; we already have a cleanup proposal, we'd add it to that.
- Kris; so we might want to put it in there and think about it.
- Robert; I think so.
- Kris; sounds like this is a good time to fix this design flaw...
- Gershon; I would like him to flesh out the proposal; want to do this right and clean it up properly.
- Kris; ok Robert, back to part #2 of your email.
- Robert; this is wrt sectiondiv and bodydiv. sectiondiv was part way to creating a generic div element used to create complex sections; but it's limited to sections, In 1.2, there was general resistance to a generic div element. Now we have that generic div element, so we don't really need sectiondiv.
- Frank; I wanted sectiondiv at the time, but with div available, it doesn't make sense, so I agree.
- Kris; any concerns?
- Eliot; can't find any specializations of sectiondiv in our grammars, so we won't break any of our own stuff..
- Robert; if it were a structural specialization, would be no difference, only place that would be complex would be a pure
specialization, and no one would want to do that.
- Zoe; what is a bodydiv?
- Robert; a grouping at bodylevel that doesn't include sections, so different.
- Carlos; I proposed doing something with sectiondiv for LwD, so I'll need to look at it; I don't want to save it, just want to fix LwD to work.
- Robert; just use div instead of sectiondiv., yet another reason to remove it.
- Kris; I move that we remove it from 2.0.
[no objections]
- Chris; is there a place where we're tracking such stuff?
- Robert; yes.
- Kris; there's a link to that issue from our proposal deadlines. Carlos, you referenced an email you sent in march 9; was that sent onlist or offlist?
- Carlos; offlist.

9. NEW XDITA grammar files compatible with DITA 2.0
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00019.html (Evia, 13 May 2021)
- Carlos; LwD grammar files are very old; Michael created them in 2015, and we're adding things, compatible to 1.3. now, In order to match to 2.0, we'll have to do specializations of them. Can we have some help to create new XDITA files that will be 2.0 compatible?
- Kris; I'll be glad to take a look at your DTDs and assess the work needed to redo them, probably start over from 2.0 DTDs.
- Carlos; Mark G and I just need some help, if you can get us started, then we'll work on it.
***ActionItem: Kris will look at LwD grammar files for xdita

10. NEW Work on TC charter
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00022.html (Wegmann, 18 May 2021)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00025.html (Harrison, 18 May 2021)
- Frank; just raised the question whether we could have some meetings scheduled, we've done some work, but haven't gotten up to speed, see if we can meet on regular schedule.
[meeting scheduled for tomorrow (5/19) 9am ET.]

11. Glossary for DITA 2.0 spec
DITA 2.0 glossary starter uploaded
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202103/msg00048.html (Hudson, 30 March 2021)
PDF of the glossary starter uploaded by Hudson
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202104/msg00009.html (Eberlein, 19 April 2021)
Spreadsheet of terminology from the spec
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202104/msg00010.html (Eberlein, 19 April 2021)
NEW My thoughts about what should (and should not be) in a glossary for a spec
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202104/msg00014.html (Eberlein, 22 April 2021)
NEW Portion of our style guide (IBM) about glossaries
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202104/msg00016.html (Eberlein, 23 April 2021)
- Kris; went over email; Deb, what do you think?
- Deb; we mostly went over to see what was defined multiply, or differently.
- Kris; and that will be very useful going forward. Does everyone agree that we can go forward on this?
- Kris; TC standardiszed on IBM style guide, I copied its glossary guidelines and sent it out as mail above; It's a bit ugly, but please look at it...

12. Continued: DITA 2.0 Webinar for vendors?
Starting point for Webinar slide deck?
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00003.html (Eberlein, 04 May 2021)
NEW https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00020.html (Bissantz, 13 May 2021)
- Kris; the difference between Dee's perspetive on webinar and ours; hers is to get more TC members, ours is to prepare vendors for 2.0. We certainly want to help withhers, but this webinar needs to serve ours first.
- Deb; we need to have a firm release date, and to emphasize that initial release is only base, not techcontent; that techcontent is comiming out later. We also need to make sure vendors are doing preparatory stuff now, before it comes out.
- Kris; you said we need a firm date for release; would that include the release dates for techcontent grammar files as well?
- Deb yes, most users will want techcontent piece.
- Kris; you're right, I do think there will changes in base that will ripple into c/t/r, e.g. changes to simpletable; those will impact everyone with a ccms or editing application, e.g. a table wizard or cell-merge function; I'll try to do a couple of slides use cases, examples, impact on vendors;
***AI; Kris will do some samples of those types of slides. if eveyone can do a slide or two, that would help.
- Deb, we can see how that works with what you're suggesting.
- Kris; any othere questions, thoughts?

12 noon ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 18 May 2021

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2021-05-20 07:55:08

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]