Subject: Follow-up questions/comments we've gotten about 15 June 2021 Webinar

From Birgit Strackenbrock <birgit@xstructuring.eu>

Specializations removed from DITA 2.0

These specializations will be updated for DITA 2.0 and located in OASIS Open GitHub repositories

What does this mean in details? Will there be a DITA L&T which uses DITA 2.0 as specialization base, thus owns the new elements?

From Johnson, Josh (Ezmeral Doc Tools) <joshuamichael.johnson@hpe.com>

Great presentation! It was very clear and easy to consume. I am looking forward to tracking the progress of DITA 2.0.

One question I have:

You mentioned that 2.0 will be released around Nov/Dec 2022. With this release will it also align with the release of a non-backward compatible version of the DITA-OT? Such as DITA-OT v4.0? Maybe you can speak to how DITA spec releases coincide with DITA-OT releases in general.

Thank you for your commitment to DITA!

markus.wiedenmaier <markus.wiedenmaier@c-rex.net>

[Series of e-mails about removing XSDs which I responded to. See e-mail chain forwarded to TC list, if interested.]

OASIS Distinguished Contributor
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)