Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 27 July 2021 uploaded

Submitter's message
27 July 2021 ACTION ITEMS --
- Carlos and Scott: Review the scripts from Oxygen for refactoring content for DITA 2.0.
- Kris: Work on Stage 2 proposal for diagnostic elements.
- Kris: Send SVN URL to Dawn.
- Kris or Robert: Address Carlos pull request from main spec repo.
- Carlos: Prepare a PDF of the LwDITA spec for review, due in three weeks.
- Kris: Get source files for the Troubleshooting committee notes and put them in a branch of the committee note repository, due in three weeks.
- Eliot: Prepare Description and Purpose for the RNG Converter repository
- Dawn: schedule a meeting with Kris, Gershon, Frank, Nancy, and Kris to meet about the Committee charter and assign a point person

=======================================

11 AM ET open

1. Roll call

Regrets: Eric Sirois, Zoe Lawson, Nancy Harrison, Robert Anderson, Gershon Joseph
Attendees: Dawn, Eliot, Chris, Carsten, Scott, Carlos, Deb, Kristen, Keith, Jim

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:

13 July 2021 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202107/msg00016.html (Bissantz, 13 July 2021)
Kris and Dawn seconded move for approval. No objects. Approved as submitted.

3. Announcements

Oxygen XML - Refactoring action to convert DITA 1.3 topics and maps to DITA 2.0 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202107/msg00017.html (Eberlein, 16 July 2021)
Kris posted this to the list. Oxygen has posted scripts for refactoring. She has not had a chance to look at this. Is anybody interested in looking at these and providing a report.
Carlos: I can do that (ACTION ITEM)
Kris: Scott, is that something you would ge interested in?
Scott: Yes absolutely. (ACTION ITEM)

4. Action items

06 April 2021 - Dawn, Gershon, Nancy, Frank, Kris: Work on revised charter
22 June 2021 - Kris: Update PDF of DITA 2.0 proposals
13 July 2021 - Nancy: Draft suggested URL string, short description, and purpose statement for OASIS open repo for specializations not part of the standard

27 July 2021 - Carlos and Scott: Review the scripts from Oxygen for refactoring content for DITA 2.0.
- Kris: Work on Stage 2 proposal for diagnostic elements.
- Kris: Send SVN URL to Dawn.
- Kris or Robert: Address Carlos pull request from main spec repo.
- Carlos: Prepare a PDF of the LwDITA spec for review, due in three weeks.
- Kris: Get source files for the Troubleshooting committee notes and put them in a branch of the committee note repository, due in three weeks.
- Eliot: Prepare Description and Purpose for the RNG Converter repository
- Dawn: schedule a meeting with Kris, Gershon, Frank, Nancy, and Kris to meet about the Committee charter and assign a point person

5. Check-in: How are people doing in this difficult time? How is your state/country doing?

6. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DeadlinesDITA2.0
Kris: I've updated those to include the Stage 2 and 3 proposals for diagnostic elements. I took a look at what is being reused from stage 2 in the stage 3, technical requirements and proposal description are conref'd into stage 3. Dawn, I'm happy to go ahead and make the changes. I am familiar with the change. I can also implement change tracking that you can use in reviewing the stage 3.
Dawn: that would be great. I got started to work on it last week and lost focus. IF you can do that and send me a link
Kris: ACTION Handle stage 2 proposal for diagnostic element. I do not think this proposal needs reviewed. The only change is one instance or either. You can have diagnostic general, diagnostic steps, or a combination of one of both. I don't think we need a review, but I think we do need to vote on it the same time we vote on stage 3. ON the stage 3 proposal, since it involves changing spec topics, I think we do need to go through a review and a vote. Dawn, are you set up with a client to work directly through git hub. So, you just need the URL for the repository.
DAwn: yes, exactly.
Kris: that might be listed on the front page. We use SVN for the proposals. ACTION: Send URL to DAwn.
Kris: The proposal for loosening attribute specialization has slipped. I have thorough reviews from Chris, Eliot, and Robert. I stopped half way through implementing the review comments. It will take me a day or two to get caught up and move this off the table.

7. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals

None

8. Updated for LwDITA subcommittee (Evia)

Carlos: Frank and I have been working on attributes that make up the main reference for our components. Many of those are in DTA 2.0 and make sense in LwDITA. We were using sections for mdita and hdita. I started some sections. There have been some delays. I plan to start working on that this week. Changes are in github. The skeleton for the spec is in the repo. They have been focused on the attributes.
Kris: questions for Carlos? A couple of things - You asked me for help on attributes. It was not an action item, so I think it fell off my plate.
Carlos: No, you did the work.
Kris: ACTION Robert or Kris to address Carlos pull request from main spec repo. I think rather than asking people to go to the repo, maybe you can build a PDF for people to look at.
CArlos: Can you give me a couple of weeks. There are many holes for the attributes.
Krs: Give Carlos an ACTION item to have this ready in 3 weeks. Any other questions?

9. DITA 2.0 troubleshooting committee note

Kris: I've downloaded the source ZIP from the Adoption TC Kavi (the document repository)
Kris: I think the next steps here are: 1. Dawn and Nancy volunteered to work on this updated committee note with me. The three of us look at this PDF and see where change need to be for DITA 2.0. 2. Get the source files in the format for a committee note and put them in a branch for the committee note repository. ACTION ITEMS. Give a three week time frame.

10. DITA TC Open OASIS repos

Continuing New repo for specializations not part of the standard - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202107/msg00010.html (Eberlein, 13 July 2021)
We need the following to request a repo
-URL string (part of URL, for example, dita-rng-converter
-Short description (used on Web page)
-Purpose statement (used in README)
-Maintainer name, e-mail, GitHub ID: Carlos Evia, cevia@vt.edu, carlosevia
-Proposed OS license
Description for new OASIS Open DITA specialization repository in GitHub https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202107/msg00019.html (Harrison, 21 July 2021)
Kris: Review Nancy's email and can we answer her questions so Nancy can move ahead. 1. Planning to include Learning and training, Machinery task, and Task requirements (part of machinery task). I'm not sure what Nancy means by note for others to update description for new specializations. Lets give Nancy this list and see what her draft says. I think we want to remain open to include other specializations that were not originally part of the standard. Anything provided outside of committee will be thoroughly vetted.
Carlos: Does this include Learning and training? I'm trying to recruit a colleague to help.
Kris: Eliot, I think you volunteered to update the L&T.

Continuing RNG converter https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202107/msg00008.html (Eberlein, 13 July 2021) - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202107/msg00009.html (Chet Ensign, 13 July 2021)

Need to revise statement of purpose to cover generating monolithic XSD (DTD also?)

Kris: Nancy's third paragraph - takes us to the RNG converter. I think we need to modify this description to create monolithic XSDs.
Eliot: AT the moment, we are not using this tooling to generate the DITA2.0 XSD. My plans going forward is to update the tools to make sure the work with the DITA2.0 RNG and also with custom shells. and finally implement the generation of monolithic XSD. THe code already does modular XSD, so this should be easy. I have a couple project I need to finish and then I can focus on the RNG stuff. ACTION: draft a description and purpose.

11. Ongoing Work on TC charter -
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00022.html (Wegmann, 18 May 2021)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00025.html (Harrison, 18 May 2021)

Kris: I would really like to move this forward. I think it would be good for this group to generate a draft of the charter to share with the group. Dawn, since you are the only one here, should we push this to next week.
Dawn: is the point person responsible for schedule a meeting?
Kris: It is more.
Dawn: What if I schedule a meeting for us to meet and assign a point person ACTION:
Nancy, Kris, Frank, Gershon, Dawn

12. Rescheduled Webinar
- 14 September 2021 is good for everyone (OASIS, Eberlein, Anderson, Nitchie)
- Do we need a replacement for Deb? (I hope not)
Kris: Deb, would you be available?
Deb: probably not.
Kris: We can probably do without, but I would like to balance genders. Dawn, would you be interested, you can think about.

13. Spec work completed - https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/editorialWorkCompleted

14. Approved DITA 2.0 proposals
-Working draft #12 - UPDATED https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202008/msg00013.html (Eberlein, 20 August 2019)
-Tally of approved proposals now included in first topic of PDF

11:40 ET close
-- Deb Bissantz
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 27 July 2021

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Deb Bissantz