Subject: Testing the Oxygen DITA 1.3 to 2.0 converter

Dear TC members,

I had an action item to test theÂOxygen DITA 1.3 to 2.0 converter

I had done some previous experiments with it when Radu first announced it, and I converted a repo with several 1.3 topics. The conversion was fast and pretty clean. All the new topics had the doctype declaration ofÂ<!DOCTYPE topic PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA 2.x Topic//EN" "topic.dtd">

Today, I tested it with a more tech comm-oriented repo, and the tasks converted nicely and all my substeps changed to nested steps. The doctype declaration, however, looked a little weird (<!DOCTYPE task PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA 2.x Task//EN" "http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/OS/dtd/task.dtd" []>). The declaration looked similar for concepts (<!DOCTYPE concept PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA 2.x Concept//EN" "http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/OS/dtd/concept.dtd" []>).
Warning: the add-on overwrites files as it converts them to 2.0-compatible, so be careful when testing.

CarlosÂ

--Â
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Professor and Associate Dean for Transdisciplinary Initiatives
Chief Technology Officer
College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0112
(540)231-2373 | cevia@vt.edu