Subject: Naming conventions for committee notes

Hi, Chet and Paul.

The DITA TC wants to raise some questions/points about naming conventions for committee notes. They arose as we discussed the best title for our forthcoming committee note about using DITA 2.0 for troubleshooting.

As we understand it, OASIS wants us to use the following conventions for the committee note (cn) title and numbering of the cn:

This presents some issues for us in regard to naming the troubleshooting committee note. We discussed the following possibilities:

Can we drop the Version X.0 from the title? It seems unnecessary, especially if the cn<number> indicates the "version" of the document.

If we could do that, we'd name the cn "Using DITA 2.0 Troubleshooting" or simply "Using DITA Troubleshooting."